Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hubby is thinking he may try to get a job there next year.
We have heard wonderful things about the pay, benefits, bonuses etc. Anyone have personal experience working at costco?
What hours and days do you work?
Any input either way would be great!

Thank you!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
No, but my BIL does. He's worked there for years. He works at the one in Aloha on Jenkins. He's a supervisor, so he works more hours and his shifts vary depending on who calls in and such. He loves it though, he's said the benefits are great and I know their bonuses are pretty nice. I can get more info from my MIL if you'd like (BIL is difficult to get ahold off during the week).

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I think it depends on what position your DH is going for on how great it will be.

My DH works for Costco. He started at the very bottom of the food chain, pushing carts. He is now a fork-lift driver and morning merchant. As for pay, benefits, etc. Well, pay is decent, but not enough for our living area, but he is hourly not salaried because he isn't in management. Benefits- all through Aetna which DOES NOT COVER HOMEBIRTH. I know this first-hand. Biggest dumbest thing about it. It does cover 90% of most things with a $15 co-pay. Chiro visits are limited to 20 a year. Most deemed alternative health things have been a bit tricky, but we've gotten decent coverage.

My view is also a little different because he employment with Costco was interrupted by an 18 month deployment to Iraq. Costco was good about paying our health insurance while he was gone and reinstating him when we got back, but they wouldn't credit him for the time towards his bonuses, so we still aren't eligible for them even though he's been there over 5 years. Yeah, as if he WANTED to go to Iraq
: We also had to wait 2 years before he had any vacation time built up again as well. But its a unique situation and take it as you will.

So, I have the handbooks and could tell you more if you can say more about what position he's looking into doing. Feel free to PM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.