Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used some of their yarns, but not all. I was wondering about the bulky 6 ply merino. Is it really soft? I have some of the handknit bulky wool and found it very soft and nice to work with, thick and thin, similar to Manos. My older daughter, however, finds even that to be "too itchy" so I was thinking merino might be an option, since I'm generally opposed to acrylics

·
Registered
11,527 Posts
The 6 ply merino is really nice stuff. Soft like butter, I love knitting with it. I am actually making a sweater right now with the handknit bulky wool that you mentioned. I ordered 2 skiens of the 6 ply merino and they sent 6 skiens of this on accident. I contacted them about it and they sent me the correct yarn and let me keep this stuff. I am loving the way it knits up. I tried the sweater on ds and he says it is itchy too. I will just have him wear a shirt under it.

·
Registered
998 Posts
The HPY merino has to be one of the softest things I've ever felt--I love working with it. It is very pilly, so you'll have to work at keeping it looking nice, but that's the case with most merinos.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.