Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I've noticed that my symptoms (nausea, queesiness, nipples not hurting as much nursing) are going away....I'm a little freaked out by this, as I just found out that my thyroid is acting up and I'm a bit on the hypo side....And because of it, my hair is falling out more than normal...They have upped my dose, so I should have normal levels again soon. On a good note, I did see the baby at 8 weeks, and it had a strong heartbeat. I am not 9.5 weeks.
Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yup me too! The nausea especially has disappeared and been replaced with moodiness and hormones it would seem. My breasts are still very tender, especially to sleep on. I am not so effected by smells this week either.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My symtoms lessened and I got all freaked out. I even went and had a hcg count done. But everything was fine. Just me worrying.
The nausea lessened and was replaced by extreme hunger and fatigue.
Sometimes I think I liked the nausea better.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, I can't tell you the relief I feel when all of you guys are telling me this stuff....Hurray for that....I think I will try to not be so anxious....I am still moody though, and breasts are still somewhat tender...just not as bad as a week ago.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow! I had just been thinking yesterday, "ya know, I don't feel too bad today." My nausea and general feeling of unwell had disappeared. I wasn't feeling the waves of oh, I better get some soup warmed up now or I'm going to throw up! I walked around all day yesterday with my 10 mos old dd
and we had fat burritos together at a restaurant (she ate avacado, one of her faves). It was a really nice afternoon!

So, this morning I'm expecting to wake up feeling poorly, but I don't even feel pregnant. My appetite is still poor, I won't eat tomato sauce
out of the jar. I would rather have butter and melted cheese on ww noodles. I'll eat broccoli, but fast, thinking ok that's the veg (whooh
: ). But feeling better is a welcome break, since my dd still wants to nurse, nurse, nurse.
That was making me feel pretty darn poopy!

Be well mammas,

Lisa

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Ah... yes, moodienss. I am very cranky with DH and DB (we are watching him till the 16th, he's 12 with Asberger's). I can see myself being snappy at them, but there's nothing I can do about it
. DH is fine with it (he knows me well!), but DB is having a hard time. The sooner he is gone, the sooner both he and I will feel better! <sigh>

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
I had been feeling so much better this week, and then today I woke up feeling really icky. I don't know if it's still morning sickness or just the Indian food I ate last night!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Yes, I am getting better, too. I actually chose to go out and weed my yard for 90 minutes two days ago. Afterwards, it struck me that that is a sure sign that I am getting better. I NEVER would have even considered that for the last 6 weeks. The nausea comes and goes, but isn't nearly as constant. Thank goodness!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Mine are actually getting worse! I am just shy of 8 wks. I don't mind because I know it means my babe is growing! I waited 2 years for this, if I have to be sick every day for 9 months to get my baby I will do it!

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have much less MS over the past few days, just a few waves at the beginning and end of the day. I also haven't been too tired (I work long hours and have two children, so I am always tired but not bone-tired.) My only true symptom the last few days has been extreme hunger during the day. The 'ms' hits me a dinner time so I can't each much dinner.

I am also not sleeping well - anyone else?

Ann

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I'm feeling much less nausea overall as well. Except for this morning! Now I find I have good days and bad days. A few weeks ago it was just all bad days, kwim? My boobs are still sore, though. And the emotions! Holy Hannah! They've been nutso this week!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Truthfully, I haven't had too many symptoms and it really worried me at first. I haven't had any nausea or vomitting. I have had swollen, tender breasts and I'm tired a lot but that's really it. With this being my first, I'm always scared. I did see the baby though and heard it's heartbeat.
It's definitely in there!!!!

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
My queasiness is lessening. It was never too bad, thank goodness. I don't have to pee as much either. My boobs aren't SO sore, but they are still tender. I've started to question whether anything is actually happening in there! I don't seem to be getting much bigger, and I don't FEEL pg, and I don't feel the baby yet... I just feel normal, like PMSy maybe. But I haven't had a drop of spotting or anything, so I guess things are all right. I have these horrible imaginings of a miscarriage, and then I try not to think about it, and think positive thoughts, but I guess we all do that.
Mostly I'm just listening to my body and thinking good thoughts. Wow, that ended up being sort of a ramble.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts