Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Sorry Amy.....not sure of anything down there.

Most classes are going to be more structured then you may be looking for. Still fun....just more structured as they have a syllabus of what to present to the kids.

Maybe community ed (pretty relaxed) or ethnic/improve classes. I would look in Minneapolis. Maybe check Zenon.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not for me, for my friend who lives in Shakopee. I think she doesn't mind structure. She just said the current class has tons of kids and so there's A LOT of teacher talking. Her other class (in WI) had a smaller class and her dd had a lot of fun being there.

·
Registered
9,825 Posts
We're really liking Bauer Dance in Jordan (10 minutes south of Shakopee). The classes are structured, but my girls are really enjoying them. It's a small studio, I think there are only 2 dance instructors. But everything seems very gentle, light-hearted, and age appropriate. For example, there have been a few times when little ones have been hesitant to join the class, and the instructors try to include the sad/shy child, but they do it in a sweet way (not pushy at all).

The owner is also one of the instructors, and has been super nice every time I've talked to her. In fact, she called me last week, just wanting to check in and make sure that my girls are enjoying their classes and to ask if I had any questions or issues I wanted to discuss.

I'm not sure how many classes still have openings, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to call and ask.

http://bauerdance.com/

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Ok.....I will research some and see what I cna figure out.

Large class sizes drive me
:

With the exception of our Hip Hop classes, NONE of our classes has over 10-12 kids. That is with 2 instructors and an assistant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.