Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Do any of you know of a way to find local AP Mom/Playgroups?! I'm tired of going to Gymboree and not having a SINGLE person to relate to. I would love to meet other mamas at least a little similar! Ya know?

Is there a website or something?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Mothering has a place- look in "finding your tribe," then go to the tribal areas, find your region of the usa/world, and ask away. You may even find announcements for play groups.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Have you gone to a La Leche League meeting in your area? A lot of times that is a great place to find like-minded moms. There is also a site called meetup.com where there are all kinds of groups formed such as AP groups and bf moms groups. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Attachment Parenting International sponsors support groups in many cities.

http://www.attachmentparenting.org/contact.shtml

I don't know how up-to-date the website is, but you could check around your city for one if it's not listed. Also there are often regional AP groups - for example, there's one here in Portland that's Northwest AP-related.

I second the LLL idea - I've found a few great mama friends through my local group.

Good luck!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I know what you mean! I love My Gym, but ap moms? Ha!
I always assume that every new mom I meet is ap and then I get disappointed when I find out they're not... To me it's like "how can you *not* want to be close to your child, give them the best, cuddle & carry them, sleep cozy with them, etc."?

Here are three of my favorite ways to connect with other AP moms...hope it helps!

There's a database-based Yahoo group to connect AP moms all over the country. It's not a group that you post to, but rather one that is a large database full of other ap moms who've imput their information. You can contact them via email. Here's the link: AP Moms Connect

There's also a great listing of playgroups, some ap, on Matching Moms. You can meet individuals (it sorts other moms by age of child, distance from you, etc.) or playdates. It's a great free service and pretty active, too. Here's a link: matchingmoms.org

Last but not least, we South Florida moms are lucky to have a new and active group! If you live in South Florida, check it out! Here's a link:AP South Florida group

-Jude

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fiddlefern
Mothering has a place- look in "finding your tribe," then go to the tribal areas, find your region of the usa/world, and ask away. You may even find announcements for play groups.

Good luck!
:

When my dd was first born (ok so exaggerating a little
, I didn't do much but sit around in my pjs and nurse Anna until she was at least 3-4 months
: ) I was having a hard time meeting mamas in my area that I could relate to. After being to a few playgroups in my area when my dd was a tiny one, where most everyone discussed their baby's 'schedules', how well CIO works
: , when they were weaning (if they BF in the first place) and then thought the fact that I coslept and cloth diapered was 'such an inconvience to me'
I looked on the tribal areas forum. I'm not saying that I only want to hang out with people that are exactly like me and only do the same things :LOL but those ladies were not very open minded.

I have found that even if I only have met a few AP moms in my area (who are great btw!!!
) that their positive influence on my life is worth having less 'mommy friends' and going to less playdates. I would definitely check out the tribal areas forum and see if there are some mamas in your area! I'm really glad I did
Good luck finding a playgroup for you and your dc!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.