Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 VB AIO's made by the same person. The aplix wasn't sewn on well to the PUL, and it's coming loose on 2 of the 3. This particular WAHM has recently closed up shop, so I don't have her as an option to repair it. I CANNOT sew, and am the opposite of crafty! Is there any harm in just supergluing the aplix back onto the pul? If that's not a good idea, can anyone suggest a better plan?

I've emailed the WAHM in question, but since she's closed, all the links on her page are disabled, so I'm not sure I emailed to the right address. Therefore, I'll probably need to repair it myself!

TIA!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I think sewing it would work better. Do you have a friend/family member who could help you? That should only take a few minutes with a needle and thread.

Semi-related - to your VB's laundry tabs work? When I was prewashing mine, each and every one of them came undone in the wash and attatched to something else.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Just want to say make sure to dry on hot for a while if you do sew them. It will help seal up the holes. And use 100% polyester thread (not "polyester wrapped cotton"). Use a new sharp needle. Zig-zag stitch is nice. I'd find a friend to help you; it IS an easy project and most sewers are not offended if you ask for help on a quick project.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
if you use glue you need something that's flexible when dry. superglue will crack when it bends. look for a fabric glue that will also bond to plastic and give that a go.

sorry so short... sleeping babe on lap needs rocking. 1 hand typing...

·
Premium Member
6,371 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jes'sBeth
if you use glue you need something that's flexible when dry. superglue will crack when it bends. look for a fabric glue that will also bond to plastic and give that a go.

sorry so short... sleeping babe on lap needs rocking. 1 hand typing...
Oooh, I have fabric glue.

will have tot ry that the next time a fold back tab comes loose on me. The wahm I bought them from has no problem repairing but that means i'm putting more money into the too.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Some glues act as solvents on certain types of materials. Plus, I am not sure how glue will hold up to lots of washings. Also, glued aplix might hurt the diaper's resale value if you are going to sell them when you are finished using them.
If you don't know anyone who could sew them, take them to a seamstress. I am sure that they would charge only a nominal fee to fix them!

HTH!
Laura

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.