Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on making some panty liners with velour and wondering what the difference is between aplix and velcro. I assume aplix is more durable? And when can you get it? I would prefer snaps but don't really want to spend $$$ on a snap press.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I find Aplix to be a bit more durable than velcro. I dislike both though.

You can buy a reasonably priced snap press on eBay and the one's we have at JoAnn Fabrics are $19, but you can use your 40% + coupons on them and it will be much better quality in the end.
good luck

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by luellamaeve View Post
I find Aplix to be a bit more durable than velcro. I dislike both though.

You can buy a reasonably priced snap press on eBay and the one's we have at JoAnn Fabrics are $19, but you can use your 40% + coupons on them and it will be much better quality in the end.
good luck
I don't like Aplix either but I thought snap presses are $60+ even with a coop. Do they have plastic snaps at JoAnn's? I'm afraid the metal ones will rust. I was planning to go to Joann's this weekend anyways.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
It is time consuming, put snaps can be applied without a press. At JoAnn's (or other fabric store) a simple snap setting tool comes with snaps in the notions department. The snaps are made to be washed - I have never had them rust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts