Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone made the apple juce cream cheese frosting recipe from the Super Baby Foods book or the What to Expect the First Year book? (they are the same recipe)

If so, my question is, did you end up with a bunch of black flecks from the chopped raisons? And if not, how did you chop the raisins fine enough?

I'm making carrot cake with this frosting for brthday cakes. I'm wondering if it would be sweet enough (for the adult guests, I'm sure the babies won't mind) without the raisons?

Anyone have any ideas/ info?

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
I make cream juice frosting by just mixing in apple juice concentrate or maple syrup. You don't need the raisins at all, it's sweet enough without it.

Another way to make frosting that is awesome on carrot cake is to puree or beat cream cheese with crushed pineapple - yummy and just sweet enough!

One more option is to use golden raisins instead of regular, that would look better because there will be little chunks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.