Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
It's going well for the most part!
She was on the vent for over 6 weeks... last Thursday we had a big talk with the neo & he said he really wanted her off of it because she was showing signs of CHD (chronic lung disease) but her settings were too high for him to be comfortable extubating her... but on Friday she took matters into her own hands and yanked the tube out herself LOL
She's been on CPap ever since- and each day the settings get a bit lower & her lungs are looking better too.
Feeding isn't going quite as smoothly- she's got a stoma and it's quite high so there's not much time for her to absorb the nutrients & stuff from the breastmilk she's getting... so she's not gaining like they want her to. She's stuck at 2 lbs. They decided to put her on continious feeds though to see if that helps... the sooner she gains, the sooner they can put her intestines back together and she won't have this problem.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
but on Friday she took matters into her own hands and yanked the tube out herself LOL
That is honestly a reallllllly good sign. I cant remember exactly now what it was my niece pulled out however she ripped it out the day the neo told my sis she may need it forever.. I want to say it was a feeding tube however im not sure.

Never underestimate the 'miracles' of newborns.

Do they have any therapists looking over her?

Little improvements are great improvements

Thanks for the update.

Michele

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Thanks for the update Jayme. What a journey you're on! I can't speak to the level of worry, fear and exhaustion you must feel but I wanted to tell you that you are an amazing mother!!!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Thanks for the update, I was just thinking of her today on my way home ands wondering how she was getting along, sounds like she is a determined little beauty!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Isn't it amazing how babies innately know what they need and don't need?!? I'm glad to hear some things are improving and I continue to pray that her feeding will improve so she can gain some weight! HUGS!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.