Mothering Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Meet my midwife today. I absolutely love her but unfortunately she won't be delivering baby. We planned on moing to maine in October so she is just seeing me for prenatal care. She is full for deliveries for the month of January so I can't even change my mind. I probally would if given the chance I will not be able to have a homebirth in maine as my insurance won't cover it. There is no way with such a big move happening we can afford to pay out if pocket. I risked out of both birth centers in my area because I have hep c. I don't have the actual disease because my enzymes are well below were they need to be. I have had it since 2002 through 3 pregnancies.I have never needed any type of treatment but it risked me out. I'm super upset about it but maybe it is just in the cards that I move in October not January. Baby is fine. Heartbeat was 147 and I have gained back the weight I lost and i am at my prepregnacy weight. I go to quest tomorrow to have my blood drawn for the maternity 21 test. My SO really wanted me to take this test. I am nervous about it. I am 35 which I guess isn't to old. I'm pretty sure that should we test positive we wouldn't keep the baby and that would be something really hard for me as i have a pretty stong opposition to abortion. I just pray that everything is ok so I don't have to male a desicion like that. It takes 10 days or so for results so I am in for a long two weeks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not in your DDC, but saw your post in the most recent section. Praying you will be able to carry this precious little one to term! Even if something is 'wrong ', it's amazing what joy all children can bring onto our lives. And please know that there are many families willing to adopt children with special needs! Your child deserves to live no matter what. Hugs while you wait, mama.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hugs to you mama. I'm hoping for good results for you.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Hoping for good results. As I understand it, genetic testing often just reveals 'a xx% chance of ____' and not an actual diagnosis. So you may want to investigate further if you get some less than stellar results. Here's to a stress free waiting time for you!

Reactions: CarrieCo

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it does have a pretty good chance for a false positive. I didn't mean to make it sound as if i would make that choice based on that one test, just that i didn't even want to have to go down that road. It isn't something I would take lightly. I hope I didn't make it sound like that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts