Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the practice that I'm currently with has an odd way of doing appointment scheduling. I've never experienced this before so wondering if anyone else's practices work this way and why.

I just went to my first appt and when I was checking out, I got out my phone to check my calendar for booking the next appt. Apparently, the calendar for follow-up appts doesn't open until two weeks before the start of the month. So, Feb appt calendar doesn't open until Jan 15. I have to remember to call back (along with everyone else) on the 15th to book my Feb appt.

I really don't understand the rationale for this way of scheduling. I find it frustrating that I have yet another thing to have to remember and do. It would be so much easier to for me if I could just schedule my follow-ups at the time of my appts and not have to call back separately a couple of weeks later to do it. My pregnancy brain is like a sieve so I'm sure one of these months I'll forget to call. Wondering if that would even register on their radar and they would call me or not. I'm kind of mystified (and annoyed) that they do scheduling this way.

Anyone else have a practice that works like this and know why?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow how annoying! if i were in that situation i would set a 2 week reminder on my phone!
LOL - that's what I did! I really hope I don't lose my phone because it has reminders for my entire life on it!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts