Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
awww sorry about your sore throat rufusbeans! Have you been gargling with salt water?? That seems to help after a few times.. I hope you feel better..

Things well on this end.. we havent heard from so many mamas.. Like teachma, COCO, LIsa, I know there are more but my mind has slipped away from me..
Spencer laughed for the first time.. Not the giggle he has been doing but LAUGH, I almost pee'd my pants.. It was so funny and he sounds so Anory.! I think I may be in trouble with him later.. The only son and the baby of the family... RUT ROH!

·
Premium Member
11,443 Posts
Hola, mamas. Sorry I haven't checked in in like forever! Welllll....

Adam is doing well. Finally. He is on Zantac and Reglan, both for reflux (poor kiddo). He's been smiling a lot and cooing lately... Also, he lets me put him down!!! Yahoo! A good friend of mine gave me a bouncy seat that vibrates and he loves it (Adam, not my friend... :LOL). He's absolutely adorable, very blond... not like the other kids ... hmmm.

The rest of the kids are doing really well, too, although Duncan constantly tests me all day long by asking for a million things he knows he can't have. I caught Duncan, Natalie, and Hunter peeing in a plastic bin and then dumping it on the floor (yes, this all happened in the whole five minutes I took to nurse Adam in my bedroom!!!). I lost it and spanked (
) them and put them in time out. I especially felt bad about spanking Hunter because, really, he doesn't know any better and, besides, his big brother and sister were doing it!

Hunter has adjusted quite well to Adam. Hunter is now my little love bug once again, very sweet and kind. He was nursing the other day and it had started to hurt. I told him it was hurting and he popped off and said, "Sorry, Mama!" And gave me a kiss...

Natalie has regressed on potty training (she now wets her pants about four to five times a day) and I am just fed up with that. I am frustrated b/c I just can't be there for every time she pees, kwim? She's whiney and uncooperative. She cries at every little thing. I feel for her, but at the same time, get over it!!!

Duncan is his usual demanding little self. Every day is a struggle with him about what he can and can't have. He seems to find every toy that either is broken or needs batteries to work.. and of course, we don't have the particular batteries to make it work...
Soooo, all day, I hear "I need a flashlight" "I need you to fix it" etc etc etc.. Some days, I look at him and wonder how he got this way... My mom says he's just looking for attention. Well, when I play with him (or any of them for that matter) they just wander off to do something else.

Connor is my second pair of hands. He is great with Adam and the other kids. He has learned to change a cloth diaper (prefold) and often will amuse Adam while I do some housework or other things (like play computer games..

Last week was very hard for me because the post partum depression kicked in again with a vengeance. It has subsided somewhat, mostly due to the fact that Adam has settled down (i.e. the drugs are working). I hope I don't go back to that again. I hated myself as well as my kids...

On a lighter note, my sister will be here for the next two weeks with her four kids. Should be a noisy blast. Anyone got room for me at their house? I'm movin' out! :LOL

Take care, ladies. I'll be checking in when I can... in the midst of the chaos that is my life.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Things here are wonderful!!! Everyone is healthy and the baby is getting huge.
when the kids get out of camp today we are leaving for a festival in ohio- a grateful dead tribute weekend AT THIS WONDERFUL KID FRIENDLY PLACE WITH SWIMMING AND TREES AND STUFF.
after that we go to see nana in maine for a few weeks- i cannot wait, my mom has not even seen zephyr yet. i am too excited. sylas did great at camp- it was his first time ever away from me and dh and i got a preview of what it will be like this fall with the 2 big ones gone to school all day and only one at home who never back talks!!!!!!!!!! can't wait. it will be sooo good for sy.
take care mamas... it will be a while before i am back
ps- my parents live on an island in maine which is a 25 minute boat ride out in the ocean..so easy to take care of my big kids while there- beach all day (the water is freezing 58-62 degrees) the kids will swim in it for hours!!! we also have boats,sea kyaks, and best of all NANA!!!!!
love2alll-maria

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Lisa~ I read about your "fun" on the toa board, sorry you had such a trying day.

me i am still sickmy throat hurts and I have grey streaks there. So I am pretty sure its an infection. it does not feel exactally like i remember strep though, so i think it might be something different. i feel achy, like the flu, yoy know like there is broken glass in my bones.
I have an idea what might have caused it. i had a really stressful day 2 days ago when dh told me somthing i was not aware of about our finances.

He thought I should get an evening job~ because all I do aLL day with katya is sleep right?
Sleep who needs sleep, I'll just work all day and night

besides i can't leave her alone with him. He cannot take care of her. I went to harry potter with some friends and when I came back she was still where I left her in her crib, same diaper, screaming her head off

not intirly his fault he has balance issues that make him afraid to pick her up.

sorry about spelling and caps nak

HIllary

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Hi all. I was with you on the pregnancy board and gave birth to Talia at the end of March. Today, she turned 14 weeks old. Sorry I have not kept in touch at all since then. I went back to work when she was 11 weeks, but since I am a yeacher, I am now off for 2 months again! She's an angel baby- sleeps from 10 pm until 3:30, which is her only night waking. My ds was almost 3 years old before he slept this much at night! For real! We have a strange kind of cosleeping going on. The baby sleeps with Dh from 10 pm until her first waking. If she sleeps with me, she wakes much, much earlier, so we tried this, and it totally works. Then, from the time she wakes until morning, she sleeps with me. Dh and I never sleep in the same bed these days, but for now it is fine with both of us. Hell, we're getting some sleep with this baby, which is great. More later- nak and about to switch sides. I will read to catch up on all of you!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Well hell! I got my AF yesterday! I am soo pissed what happened to " if you nurse you will have a delayed period!?? Spencer is 100% nursed! So wtf?? UGH!
: ANYWAYS!
We are well here. So glad to hear from ya Teachma.. Spencer sleeps from about 830-9 at night til 330-5... So maybe thats why I started my af?? oh well. He is so big. He is almost 12 weeks and he is 15 pounds now! I love to nibble on him..

I have had a headach forever it seems.. Im moody! LOL poor dh.. Hillary what are you going to do about your throat?? Sorry you still not feeling well and that you may have to get a evening job.. Is there someone that can maybe watch katya in the day a few hours so that way you wont get any less sleep.. ?? Wis h you lots of luck with all that! OK well I better get going.. i need to take out these darn contacts I have slept in them for three nights now and so everything is foggy looking.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes Lisa I will be down in Texas in a month or so. we will have to meet up.

Christina

My dh and i are watching movies Duplex which we are watching now it is pretty funny. the other movies are monia lisa smiles and love actally. well I better get back to watching the movies.

Christina

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I took Jaden to the Dr. today. He has the flu, poor baby. He is huge! Weighs 16 lbs., 11 oz! No wonder my sling is starting to hurt my shoulder!
Anyways, someone asked awhile back where Hughson is. It is near Modesto in the Central Valley. Just a little town out in the country, but man is it growing fast! They are putting houses up out here like crazy! And the prices are absolutely insane!
On the night sleeping thing...Jaden sleeps all night from about 8:00 to 6:30 or so. It is my reward for having two daughters who didn't sleep until they were nearly 2!
Well, now that I just wrote that, Jaden is up! I better go get him. It is because he is sick. Hope he goes back to sleeping all night again when he gets well!
Hope you all have a great 4th!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Note - I wrote this Friday night, but Liam woke up and I couldn't send it until today.

Liam continues to be a pretty easy baby, as long as we can manage to keep the gas under control. Last night he was gassy and decided to nurse pretty much all night long, so that was a little tough.

Up until this week, I've just been taking him to bed when I go - usually between 9 and 11. But we've found that he does better when he gets to bed around 9 and I don't want to go to bed at 9 every night anymore. So this week we've started putting him to bed by himself for the first part of the night - I'll nurse him to sleep, then sneak out of the room. So far so good. The first night I went up an hour later and he stayed asleep. Tonight it's been two hours so far, and I'll be heading off to bed when I finish this post.

He's a wonderfully social little guy - everyone always comments on how alert and aware he is. Like me, he really likes meeting new people! If you'd like to "meet" Liam, you can check him out here: http://public.fotki.com/tammylc/liam_pictures/

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just jumping in... my dd was born by C-section on 4/14/04. She is about 11 pounds now, finally sleeping through the night and cooing a lot more. She was diagnosed with torticollis (a congenital muscular problem where she holds her head to one side... a shortening of the muscle on one side) so we have to take her to physical therapy now.
But other than that, she is doing well and developing fine. We are also dealing with reflux!
: Rough! But I"m glad to see all you April moms and keep up with how everyone is doing!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Welcome Amy! SO gald to have you here with us... I have a question for you though.. With your daughters torticollis can she put her head straight? I ask because with Spencer ( born the 13th) he always has his head to one side. LIke he favors that side.. HE can hold his head straight when he wants.. he sleeps with his head to the left every night.. ( sometimes to the right) but he prefers the left and when he sits up and looks around he will tend to look to the left as well But can turn from side to side.. and keep his head straight? Does your dd.. ?? I never heard of this condition until you mentioned it and am wondering if Spencer may have it as well? What do they do in phycial therpy for it? Sorry for all the questions...
I hope you enjoy our group here.
Juju~ SO sorry that your little one has the flu! How horrible... Did someone in the house just get over it? geshh and here I thought flu season was over with UGH... Has he been bitten by a misquesto? I ask because they often have flu like symptoms with the west nile.. I ththink dd#1 had it last year.. UGH

Christina glad you finally got your answer to your moving.. NOw the fun begins :LOL

·
Registered
183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by christymama
Welcome Amy! SO gald to have you here with us... I have a question for you though.. With your daughters torticollis can she put her head straight? I ask because with Spencer ( born the 13th) he always has his head to one side. LIke he favors that side.. HE can hold his head straight when he wants.. he sleeps with his head to the left every night.. ( sometimes to the right) but he prefers the left and when he sits up and looks around he will tend to look to the left as well But can turn from side to side.. and keep his head straight? Does your dd.. ?? I never heard of this condition until you mentioned it and am wondering if Spencer may have it as well? What do they do in phycial therpy for it? Sorry for all the questions...
I hope you enjoy our group here.
Yep.. she can hold it straight sometimes and even turn it to the other side on her own when she is playing...she just tends to favor that one side. I'd check into it. You never know. If you don't get it corrected, it can cause plagiocephaly (head flattening) on that one side. I haven't been to PT with her yet but have an appointment to start soon. I've looked it up online and basically you turn their head side to side and hold it, feed them from the opposite side, do *lots* of tummy time to strenghten the neck, and prop up their head if they start to lean it. torticolliskids.com is a good website to check.

Even in her pics I got done at the hospital when she was born, in some she is holding her head perfectly straight, and in others she has it bent to that side.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
hi amy!

ok i have strep. oh yucky poo. i had to got to urgrnt care because my physcians practice wasn't open today. katya seems fine --knock on wood--. hopefully i will feel better tomarrow to do firworks--they are legal here although they shouldn't be. Katya couldn't sleep last night until they stoped going off about 11 30.

nak

hillary

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My first daugter and Chloe has totilcolis also Christy you should askyour doctor about it. since I dealt with tortilcolis with my first daughter i pretty much know what to do for physcial theropy. I personally think it is heritery because I had it when I was a baby.

Christina

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
thanks guys~ Dh doesnt think he has a issue with that...
So I will just be watching him and making sure he has equal time on both sides..... HE does tummy time in the morning and at night and he doesnt seem to have a problem with that... We will see..
Hillary! Strep B sucks! Gurgle gurlge and gurgle... If you have to take a anitbotic watch out for thrush for you and baby.....
Spencer is now in 3/6 months cloths now... HE is getting so big!~ I love it.. He reaches for my face while nursing now and he will laugh!

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Christy,. Next time you take Spencer to the doctor I would just ask your doctor about it and see what he says. well today is a boring day I should really be packing but dont feel like it
I may just start packing again tomorrow. well I better go see what my older girls are up too.

Christina

1 - 20 of 98 Posts