Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
175 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I took Jaden to the Dr. today. He has the flu, poor baby. He is huge! Weighs 16 lbs., 11 oz! No wonder my sling is starting to hurt my shoulder!
Anyways, someone asked awhile back where Hughson is. It is near Modesto in the Central Valley. Just a little town out in the country, but man is it growing fast! They are putting houses up out here like crazy! And the prices are absolutely insane!
On the night sleeping thing...Jaden sleeps all night from about 8:00 to 6:30 or so. It is my reward for having two daughters who didn't sleep until they were nearly 2!
Well, now that I just wrote that, Jaden is up! I better go get him. It is because he is sick. Hope he goes back to sleeping all night again when he gets well!
Hope you all have a great 4th!

· Registered
175 Posts
Jaden was 8lbs., 4 oz., and 21 inches at birth. He has gained weight steadily, averaging a lb. a week since birth. When I took him in at exactly 3 months for the flu, he weighed 16lbs., 11oz. He was 24 inches long. He was born on April 1, so he is an old April baby!

I think he is going to take after his daddy. My DH is 6'2" and weighs about 175. He was a big baby too, so they say.
Jaden wasn't bitten by a mosquito. It was just old fashioned flu, the dr says anyways. All I know is whatever he has, the girls have now too! So, I have a house full of coughing sick children!

Jaden is laughing now too and reaching for everything! It is so fun to play with him now!
I've got a question for you: Can breastfed babies get constipated? Jaden is exclusively nursed, but he only poops every other day normally and now hasn't gone in 2 days, but he is real gassy and I am getting kind of worried. Any thoughts?
Well, off to bed. Nite all!

· Registered
175 Posts
The poop finally happened this morning!
I was getting a bit worried. You are right though, tammylc, the Dr. says it is normal.
Nothing exciting to report here. Been staying home the past few days ( a rareity) trying to get the house clean(er)! It has been kind of bad at times since Jaden was born.
Please tell me I am not the only one!
I do have a question for all you mamas. My 2 1/2 yo, who has been potty trained for about 4 months, has regressed to peeing in her diaper 1-2 times a day, always at home. My mom thinks it has to do with jealousy of the baby. She is also sick with a bad cough right now and not feeling great. Any thoughts?
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

· Registered
175 Posts
Hi all,
In my last post, I put that Sadie is peeing in diapers. She is actually in regular underwear. I was just tired I guess!
I get on the computer so late these days!
The peeing has slowed down to once every other day or so, so hopefully she will stop soon. I think it is just that she isn't feeling well mostly. It is so hard because she is sick and needs me constantly, but I have 2 others plus hubby and myself to look after too. Anyone else feel pulled in all directions at once? I once heard someone refer to it as the "mommy pie". You know, everyone wants a slice, but there is only so much to go around.
We bought a new car this weekend. A 99 dodge durango. It is pretty nice. I am happy. I can fit my family, plus a few more. And it has a cd changer. Now, the kids and I can listen to the Beatles and Elvis to our hearts content!

Hope everyone is doing well!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.