Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
1,632 Posts
awww sorry about your sore throat rufusbeans! Have you been gargling with salt water?? That seems to help after a few times.. I hope you feel better..

Things well on this end.. we havent heard from so many mamas.. Like teachma, COCO, LIsa, I know there are more but my mind has slipped away from me..
Spencer laughed for the first time.. Not the giggle he has been doing but LAUGH, I almost pee'd my pants.. It was so funny and he sounds so Anory.! I think I may be in trouble with him later.. The only son and the baby of the family... RUT ROH!

· Registered
1,632 Posts
Well hell! I got my AF yesterday! I am soo pissed what happened to " if you nurse you will have a delayed period!?? Spencer is 100% nursed! So wtf?? UGH!
: ANYWAYS!
We are well here. So glad to hear from ya Teachma.. Spencer sleeps from about 830-9 at night til 330-5... So maybe thats why I started my af?? oh well. He is so big. He is almost 12 weeks and he is 15 pounds now! I love to nibble on him..

I have had a headach forever it seems.. Im moody! LOL poor dh.. Hillary what are you going to do about your throat?? Sorry you still not feeling well and that you may have to get a evening job.. Is there someone that can maybe watch katya in the day a few hours so that way you wont get any less sleep.. ?? Wis h you lots of luck with all that! OK well I better get going.. i need to take out these darn contacts I have slept in them for three nights now and so everything is foggy looking.

· Registered
1,632 Posts
Welcome Amy! SO gald to have you here with us... I have a question for you though.. With your daughters torticollis can she put her head straight? I ask because with Spencer ( born the 13th) he always has his head to one side. LIke he favors that side.. HE can hold his head straight when he wants.. he sleeps with his head to the left every night.. ( sometimes to the right) but he prefers the left and when he sits up and looks around he will tend to look to the left as well But can turn from side to side.. and keep his head straight? Does your dd.. ?? I never heard of this condition until you mentioned it and am wondering if Spencer may have it as well? What do they do in phycial therpy for it? Sorry for all the questions...
I hope you enjoy our group here.
Juju~ SO sorry that your little one has the flu! How horrible... Did someone in the house just get over it? geshh and here I thought flu season was over with UGH... Has he been bitten by a misquesto? I ask because they often have flu like symptoms with the west nile.. I ththink dd#1 had it last year.. UGH

Christina glad you finally got your answer to your moving.. NOw the fun begins :LOL

· Registered
1,632 Posts
thanks guys~ Dh doesnt think he has a issue with that...
So I will just be watching him and making sure he has equal time on both sides..... HE does tummy time in the morning and at night and he doesnt seem to have a problem with that... We will see..
Hillary! Strep B sucks! Gurgle gurlge and gurgle... If you have to take a anitbotic watch out for thrush for you and baby.....
Spencer is now in 3/6 months cloths now... HE is getting so big!~ I love it.. He reaches for my face while nursing now and he will laugh!

· Registered
1,632 Posts
Hillary.. Your dd is tall! Are you or daddy tall.. Spencer started out at 8 pounds even and was 20 inches even at birth.. HE is also breastfed only..HE eats about 8 times in 24 hours.. So I dont think he really eats that much.. He is just gonn be big.. His daddyis 6'1 and 235lbs....and not fat one bit.... so I think he may be following in his daddys footsteps.. Right now he is 15pounds and 24 inches.. Chubby and CUTE!
He will be 3 months on the 13th
We watched the fireworks from our house last night.. loaded the girls with bug spray and went out back and watched them.. The girls loved them of course.. Spencer was cooing and ohhing and ahhhing over them all. I was afraid the noise would get to him but being in a house with all girls and just his dad I think he is use to all the noise!
He didnt stay out long .. had to have a bath and nurse and hit the bed at 930.. Well thats about all for here... not much new going on right now... Hope you are all well.. Glad to see more action on this thread today..

· Registered
1,632 Posts
Its cloudy here.. we have the smoke clouds over us.. There are two fires buring in the moutains and we are about a hlaf hour away from them
Syre hope they can get them out...
Glad to hear everyone is well.. Not much to report here. Pretty much just the same things day in and day out... Ready for some excitement around here....

· Registered
1,632 Posts
it could be fromt he cough.... I knwo i cough and pee all over myself anymore.. :LOL Try to having her wear big girl panties... If she is in a diaper she may just go because its there and easier too.. YKWIM?/
Well everythign is going well here... Spencer is growing growing growing... Nothing really new here but I have to take my oldest daughter to the nerulogist on the 20th.. She has tourettes and has had it for a few years.. Its getting to the point to where its bad and I cant control it much with her diet anymore.. So off to the dr we go to get some meds.
I really hate seeing her having this I mean why my child.. I know its not fair to say that but no mother wants anything to be wronge with thier kids . The stares she gets from people.. which who by the way are mostly adults.. I just want to walk up to them and smack the crap out of them ya know! EW
: OK my nice pot turned into a rant post SORRY! I better get going.. Talk soon

· Registered
1,632 Posts
HI Charity~ So glad to hear your well as well as your little one..
Nothing much new here.. Christina when are you going to be moving? I hope the ones who were sick are better as well as the little ones who have been not feeling so well.. Spencer is well. He has started to laugh on a daily manner now.. You cant help but laugh when he does.. He was laughing in his sleep the other night and and I woke up because I thought he was choking but he was fast askeep and laughing in his sleep...
To funny..

· Registered
1,632 Posts
HI Mama's! Hope all is well. We are dying in this darn heat this summer.. I hate heat... So you wonder why I live in Az
ANyhow Spencer is doing really well. He is sleeping all night from about 8-5 sometimes he wakes up at 3 to eat or I will wake him at around 3 to eat because I am so full.. Nursing is going wonderfully.. This morning I was playing wiht his feet and biting them asking him which toe I should eat first and he would just giggle and giggle.. Then I played patty cake with his feet and he thought that was the funniest thing.. Time for the fun things ... I cant wait.. I love babies they are so pure and cute!
JUJU how exciting for your family to get a new car! The durangos are nice.. We are a Dodge family here. I would be disowned from my family if we werent.. My dad works for Chrysler and well we get a nice discount off all our cars !
We have a 03 Dodge extended cab Hemi... Its nice but was a pain to get in and out of pregnant... Was not a sight to see ... :LOL It seats 6 .. I plan on going to get the new Dodge Magnum hemi... Its thier new Station wagon and very SWEEEEET! Anyhow enough about car talk. I hope all you mamas and your babies are well. Take care!

· Registered
1,632 Posts
Tammy~ Spencer has been pretty drooly since he was about 2 months old! He has been choking on his spit for awhile too. I know its nuts! I want him to get his tooth in but then again dont want him too... YKWIM.. He is a pretty happy baby.. He NOW watches us when we eat... My dd#1 was eating last night and he was just watching her and laughing! We were all rolling because he was laughing so hard! I am glad the big belly laughs are here! He to has been swinging and trying to reach for things. He tries to get my face when he nurses,,,, They get so big so fast.

· Registered
1,632 Posts
Gesh noone has posted on here for 3 days!
Where is everyone at.. I remember our April pregnancy thread was filled with mamas. Now we just have a handful who come and post so much.. I feel like we have lost some friends.. women who we bonded with throughout our pregnancies.. Oh mamas come out and say Hello!
Things going well here. Spencer is teething. He has been shoving his hands in his mouth and pressing down on his gums.. I dont see anything there really yet but It could be a matter of time before they pop through.
Hes only 3 months old I dont want him to have teeth.. He is always staring at us eating. I think he wants to try them as well.
We found out somethign that doesnt agree with him in my diet! DUH me I have been eating peanut butter and lots of it! He had a bad bad diaper rash and had some blood in his runny poo... I almost freaked out. But it wasnt alot so I figured it out to be from the peanut butter and all the poo he was doing was rubbing his little bum raw!
I felt bad.. SO no more nutter butters for me.
they are so good though.. UGH! He is also reaching for things and batting at them.. He watches everything you do and where you go... He loves his big sisters and laughs and smiles at them all the time. Thats about all from here.. Tomorrow is Wyatt Earp days here in town and so there is a fair .. reenactment and parade going all all weekend. The parade is going right by our house this year so all we have to do is sit in our yard and watch!
Thats about all here. Hope all the mamas and babies are well. Take care..

· Registered
1,632 Posts
Spencer rolls but not a everyday thing.. Hes rolled only a few times.. He is teething as well rufusbeans,,, My dd#1 started at about 4 months.. didnt get her first tooth until she was 9 months
So it cantake awhile.. I am not looking forward to it.. He to talks all the time half the time your wondering who hes talking to because hes nonstop yapping...

Christina dont worry I started my period on the 1st of this month.. I to was mad!
: I thought HEY I am breastfeeding whats the deal... Oh well ..
I was going to come on here and post about Spencer only eating about 5 or 6 times a day..I was a bit concerend about it but I see that teachma daughter does as well. Is this normal .. How long does she nurse? Spencer will nurse about 10 to maybe 15min at a time.. Is that long enough? When should I worry about how much hes eating? He to sleeps through the night.. On occiasion he will nurse in the middle of the night. But goes to bed anywhere from 830-930 at night and normally sleeps until 5am.. So does this sound normal.. the 5 to 6 times a day feedings?? ( hes chubby too 15 pounds when I last checked) Anyhow Other then that we are all well. Went to the parade today walked down to the library... got me a few books et. its so stinking hot here.
Well gotta run..

· Registered
1,632 Posts
thanks teachma! i feel alot better with his eating schedule! I dont think we will be giving him baby food at 4 months but maybe some cereal! i know hes interested in our food hes always staring when we eat lol.. i think by 6 months we will have started with the baby foods!i cant believe how fast they are growing!

· Registered
1,632 Posts
Spencer spit up big time today .. I Was a bit alarmed but dh reminded me that babies do sometimes spit up
He never spits up so it took me off gaurd. Other then that this mornign he is acting normal and smiling and yappin to who ever will listen
Tomorrow I have to take dd#1 to her neruologist appt.. keep fingers crossed everything goes ok..
Well I better get going got some more laundry to get done.

· Registered
1,632 Posts
;isa your so very welcome! lol i should of put my number in there!
my sweet sweet stalker friend

today i had to take spencer into the doc,,, he has some blood in his diaper area this morning then again this afternoon right up top where he pees soooo he had blood drawn
and i have to take in a pee sa,mple and poopy one tomorrow.... they think he could have a uti? is that somethings boys get? wht do you all think???? he is 15 pound 15 ounces and 25 and half inches long... he is growing!!!!

· Registered
1,632 Posts
Maria I am soo sorry you had a crappy vacation and even more sorry that all your babies are sick.
I hope they all get better soon..
Well I took spencer in to the doc the other day because he had some blood in his diapers and the runs All the time! Soo they did some blood work and pee and poo sample and they called today to say that he is highly anemic.. SOOOO I feel like the worst mommy in the world! I started to take a vit wiht iron today! Does anyone know what else low iron can do in babies.. Have I "damaged "my baby?
Hope everyone is well. I am glad to see some faces around here

· Registered
1,632 Posts
Cute cute pictures everyone! Things are well here
Spencer is anemic... I feel like a bad mama.. I am always anemic and I was all through pregnancy! So I am taking a vit with iron and I have also started him on some rice cereal with iron.. I was going to wait until he was 4 months to start the cereal but i figured i would try it now ,,, only 2 weeks early.. Anyhow i was amazed on how well he did and how well he liked it!!!! He eats it from his spoon and then bounces up and down because you cant shove it in his mouth fast enough! I hope it will being his iron back up.. Has anyone else went through low iron in babies?? anyhow other then that hes fine.. We have also cut out ALL dairy! It was causeing his gut to inflame and thats why there was blood in his stools.. So that also could be why he is a bit anemic ! UGH!
He now screams at his sisters.. He was doing that this morning and they were just laughing laughing laughing at him.. :LOL
He has a tooth coming in as well
always pressing on his gums and groaning....... talk talk talk... laugh laugh....he has a spot where i can see the tooth coming in at.. gesh they grow so fast..
mum2lillie I am so sorry to hear of your friend.. I hope there can be peace brought to her family and her sweet child. I can not imagin the pain they are in. and you for that matter. I will be thinking about them and you!
Teachma how did the 4 month check go?? cant wait ot hear the report!
Wellt hats about all for now... Take care mamas

lisa i am glad things are better and Adma is feeling better!

· Registered
1,632 Posts
bellafinn~ Spencer blood was a pink reddish color.. He also was VERY crabby and cried alot.. Often times it was like he was in pain and we did everything we could and nothing seemed to work.. It was a tough week ! It seemed like the baby i had was gone and replaced with one that CRIED all the time.. But since I have stopped all dairy he has been sooooo much better. Back to his happy little self.. sleeps better too... All babies react different to allergies.. I dont know much about the reflux though.. I would ask Lisa ( goodwillhunter) because Adam went through the reflux and she now has him on meds... You might ask her what they did to test him for it .. I wouldnt want your sweet babe to have to go through getting a tube shoved down her throat if she doesnt need to ya know..... I also posted in your other thread.....
I hope you get some answers!

· Registered
1,632 Posts
Well I didnt put two and two together before. But hes been a bit phlemy since he was a few weeks old. He would have some nasty runny poo.. I know hes getting enough of the hidemilk.. So i knew itwasnt that... But once i cut out dairy his poo is starting to return to normal and the phlemy sound he had in his throat all the time is gone.. I would think that over a period of time the tummy can only take so much and so it starts to bleed. I would think it would take awhile before it got to the point of showing blood ya know?? It sucks when they are soo little and cant talk and we have to play detectives to figure out what is wrong...

· Registered
1,632 Posts
gesh maria I am soo sorry you are still fighting this.. Sending speedy recovery vibes your way~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teachma I am glad your appointment went well .. Spencer will be 4 months on the 13th of Aug .. Last week when he went in he was 16 pounds and 25 and half inches long.. I bet next month when he goes in for his checkup he will be about 16 and half maybe 17 pounds and at least 26 inches! He is chubby to!!! I love chubby babies... So cute!
Things well here.. Hope they are there with everyone else too! Talk soon..
Christy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.