Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Hola, mamas. Sorry I haven't checked in in like forever! Welllll....

Adam is doing well. Finally. He is on Zantac and Reglan, both for reflux (poor kiddo). He's been smiling a lot and cooing lately... Also, he lets me put him down!!! Yahoo! A good friend of mine gave me a bouncy seat that vibrates and he loves it (Adam, not my friend... :LOL). He's absolutely adorable, very blond... not like the other kids ... hmmm.

The rest of the kids are doing really well, too, although Duncan constantly tests me all day long by asking for a million things he knows he can't have. I caught Duncan, Natalie, and Hunter peeing in a plastic bin and then dumping it on the floor (yes, this all happened in the whole five minutes I took to nurse Adam in my bedroom!!!). I lost it and spanked (
) them and put them in time out. I especially felt bad about spanking Hunter because, really, he doesn't know any better and, besides, his big brother and sister were doing it!

Hunter has adjusted quite well to Adam. Hunter is now my little love bug once again, very sweet and kind. He was nursing the other day and it had started to hurt. I told him it was hurting and he popped off and said, "Sorry, Mama!" And gave me a kiss...

Natalie has regressed on potty training (she now wets her pants about four to five times a day) and I am just fed up with that. I am frustrated b/c I just can't be there for every time she pees, kwim? She's whiney and uncooperative. She cries at every little thing. I feel for her, but at the same time, get over it!!!

Duncan is his usual demanding little self. Every day is a struggle with him about what he can and can't have. He seems to find every toy that either is broken or needs batteries to work.. and of course, we don't have the particular batteries to make it work...
Soooo, all day, I hear "I need a flashlight" "I need you to fix it" etc etc etc.. Some days, I look at him and wonder how he got this way... My mom says he's just looking for attention. Well, when I play with him (or any of them for that matter) they just wander off to do something else.

Connor is my second pair of hands. He is great with Adam and the other kids. He has learned to change a cloth diaper (prefold) and often will amuse Adam while I do some housework or other things (like play computer games..

Last week was very hard for me because the post partum depression kicked in again with a vengeance. It has subsided somewhat, mostly due to the fact that Adam has settled down (i.e. the drugs are working). I hope I don't go back to that again. I hated myself as well as my kids...

On a lighter note, my sister will be here for the next two weeks with her four kids. Should be a noisy blast. Anyone got room for me at their house? I'm movin' out! :LOL

Take care, ladies. I'll be checking in when I can... in the midst of the chaos that is my life.

· Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Hola, Mamas... An ADAM update...

He has been a perfect angel these last few days. He HATES the carseat, though.
and we go places A LOT! We checked in with the doc today (
) and he's now 13 lbs 8 ounces (a gain of 19 ounces in two weeks) so he's on the up! He grinned at the doctor and cooed at him, so all is finally well!

I'm grouchy today for some reason, probably money issues, but my mom is flexible with the rent as long as we're not out buying a ton of stuff other than groceries, kwim? I can't buy organic this week, though, as we are short on cash... sigh...

· Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Oh, I love it when a child laughs in their sleep. Hunter does that. Adam is doing well, gettin' fatter every day. Check out my new pics of the boy. We have documentation that Adam smiles now!! Off I go to fix lunch for my little demons!

· Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Hola gorgeous women. Glad to see everyone is healthy and happy!
Adam is doing well. Smiles like crazy, specially when he wants something... like mama. He doesn't like to be put down, but will roll over for me quite nicely. He doesn't talk much, but we don't talk much here, either. :LOL You wouldn't know it. Thank you Christy, for your thoughtful note. I wanted to call you, but your number is unlisted (call me stalker girl!
)

PPD is still here and not much fun. Still trying to get it all together... wondering if I ever will. Perhaps I'll just pop in to Arizona and see y'all. BTW, christina, I'll see you when u get here. Houston is not so very far away...

· Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Howdy! It's HOT...
Damn Hot!!! I hate heat. But, on to the main event.

Adam is doing very well now. He smiles, "talks" occasionally, and is FAT! We call him "Fat Boy" because he has a few chins. My favorite part of him is his chunky thighs. I just can't get enough of 'em! :LOL The Zantac did the trick on him, making him happy 'cause he wasn't hurting anymore. He still spits up quite prodigiously and often I just give up trying to be clean. I think I even have spit up in my hair!!!
: He also rolls over from tummy to back, and will "scoot" himself to get somewhere. He also prefers to be sitting up and only needs a little support to stand. He thinks he's a big boy!
He is in full "cute" baby mode, now. He still has blocked tear ducts, but I saw a friend of mine today that is an opthamologist and she recommended that we keep using the erythromycin and wash his eyes a few times a day with baby soap. THAT'S EASY FOR HER TO SAY!!!!

I finally organized a link with all of his pics... here it is. http://share-dell.shutterfly.com/osi...AN2TNyxasmzCOg Y'all can take a gander at this cutie pie (said with a humongous southern drawl).

Just as an aside...

Yesterday, Duncan and Hunter came into my bedroom... they each had SPOONS in their pants... :LOL
:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.