Mothering Forum banner
21 - 40 of 98 Posts

· Registered
1,331 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by christymama
Spencer is now in 3/6 months cloths now... HE is getting so big!
Katya is wearing 3/6 now too, but she is only 10lbs. Her 0/3 sleepers are too short. She is 25 inches. How come all your April babies are 14-16 lbs and mine is only 10? how much did all your babies weigh at birth?

My throat still hurts,but is much better.
Yes I am on antibotics, which I hate. I had a fever of 102 Sat night, woke up several times with alternating chills and sweats, but my temp was normal for the forth. It rained here. We went to the freworks. It was raining so badly that I stayed with her in the car. She watched them out the window until the end, then she fell alseep.
We leave for Texas on Thursday. I guess I better buy some shorts. For all of you who live
in Texas, what should I bring for baby? Any suggestions on how I should dress her? Thanks. Hope you all had a great independence day.

Hillary

· Registered
346 Posts
Liam is still in his 0-3 clothes, for the most part. He's only outgrown a couple of the smaller outfits. Our two month check up isn't until tomorrow, but I'm guessing he's about 23 inches and 11 1/2 lbs (started at 21 inches and 7 lbs, 10 oz).

Last week at my mothering group, there were 5 babies all born within 8 days of one another. Liam was about in the middle in terms of heigh and weight. Whenever we got out people say "He's soooo little" but I think that's because he's scrunched up in his sling, or because they're just not used to seeing a 2 month old out and about.

· Registered
4,450 Posts
I don't know Talia's height and weight right now, but at her 8 week appointment, she weighed 11.5 pounds. She started out at only 6 lbs. 2 oz and is exclusively breastfed. Yikes! She still nurses every 2 hours during the day, from 10 am to 10pm, anyway. She sleeps from 10 at night to 10 in the morning and wakes only at 3 or 4 and then again at 7 to nurse. She was born at the end of March, though, so now she is almost 3 1/2 months old, whereas some born at the end of April have just turned 3 months old. The couple of weeks' age difference could mean a couple of pounds, too. At this age, my ds used to gain a whole pound a week on many occasions! Of course, by 4 months old, he was close to 18 pounds, which is huge. Dd will no reach this weight at the same age, for sure. But then again, ds started out 3 pounds larger from birth!

· Registered
1,632 Posts
Hillary.. Your dd is tall! Are you or daddy tall.. Spencer started out at 8 pounds even and was 20 inches even at birth.. HE is also breastfed only..HE eats about 8 times in 24 hours.. So I dont think he really eats that much.. He is just gonn be big.. His daddyis 6'1 and 235lbs....and not fat one bit.... so I think he may be following in his daddys footsteps.. Right now he is 15pounds and 24 inches.. Chubby and CUTE!
He will be 3 months on the 13th
We watched the fireworks from our house last night.. loaded the girls with bug spray and went out back and watched them.. The girls loved them of course.. Spencer was cooing and ohhing and ahhhing over them all. I was afraid the noise would get to him but being in a house with all girls and just his dad I think he is use to all the noise!
He didnt stay out long .. had to have a bath and nurse and hit the bed at 930.. Well thats about all for here... not much new going on right now... Hope you are all well.. Glad to see more action on this thread today..

· Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Iam going to be missing in action this week will be busy packing have so much to do.

Chloe hates being on her tummy should I be worried? Iam going to work with her more. well better go see what the girls are up too.

Christina

· Registered
175 Posts
Jaden was 8lbs., 4 oz., and 21 inches at birth. He has gained weight steadily, averaging a lb. a week since birth. When I took him in at exactly 3 months for the flu, he weighed 16lbs., 11oz. He was 24 inches long. He was born on April 1, so he is an old April baby!

I think he is going to take after his daddy. My DH is 6'2" and weighs about 175. He was a big baby too, so they say.
Jaden wasn't bitten by a mosquito. It was just old fashioned flu, the dr says anyways. All I know is whatever he has, the girls have now too! So, I have a house full of coughing sick children!

Jaden is laughing now too and reaching for everything! It is so fun to play with him now!
I've got a question for you: Can breastfed babies get constipated? Jaden is exclusively nursed, but he only poops every other day normally and now hasn't gone in 2 days, but he is real gassy and I am getting kind of worried. Any thoughts?
Well, off to bed. Nite all!

· Registered
346 Posts
Jujujoy - apparently it is not uncommon for BF babies to go a few days between poops. Some only poop once a week! Heck, in my pediatrician's practice, she's got one baby who only poops once a month, and that's totally normal for that baby! (But there's no leaving the house on that day...) I'd just do some gas relieving exercises and not worry for a bit yet. He shouldn't be getting constipated on breastmilk.

Chiming in on the weight and height thread - Liam was 7 lbs, 10 oz and 21 inches long at birth. We had his two month check up yesterday (a little late - he's actually 10 weeks old now) and he weighed 11 lbs, 3.5 oz and was 23 3/4 inches long. He's a nice middling baby - 50th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for height.

It's sticky here in Michigan today. Blech.

· Registered
1,632 Posts
Its cloudy here.. we have the smoke clouds over us.. There are two fires buring in the moutains and we are about a hlaf hour away from them
Syre hope they can get them out...
Glad to hear everyone is well.. Not much to report here. Pretty much just the same things day in and day out... Ready for some excitement around here....

· Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Hola, Mamas... An ADAM update...

He has been a perfect angel these last few days. He HATES the carseat, though.
and we go places A LOT! We checked in with the doc today (
) and he's now 13 lbs 8 ounces (a gain of 19 ounces in two weeks) so he's on the up! He grinned at the doctor and cooed at him, so all is finally well!

I'm grouchy today for some reason, probably money issues, but my mom is flexible with the rent as long as we're not out buying a ton of stuff other than groceries, kwim? I can't buy organic this week, though, as we are short on cash... sigh...

· Registered
175 Posts
The poop finally happened this morning!
I was getting a bit worried. You are right though, tammylc, the Dr. says it is normal.
Nothing exciting to report here. Been staying home the past few days ( a rareity) trying to get the house clean(er)! It has been kind of bad at times since Jaden was born.
Please tell me I am not the only one!
I do have a question for all you mamas. My 2 1/2 yo, who has been potty trained for about 4 months, has regressed to peeing in her diaper 1-2 times a day, always at home. My mom thinks it has to do with jealousy of the baby. She is also sick with a bad cough right now and not feeling great. Any thoughts?
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

· Registered
1,632 Posts
it could be fromt he cough.... I knwo i cough and pee all over myself anymore.. :LOL Try to having her wear big girl panties... If she is in a diaper she may just go because its there and easier too.. YKWIM?/
Well everythign is going well here... Spencer is growing growing growing... Nothing really new here but I have to take my oldest daughter to the nerulogist on the 20th.. She has tourettes and has had it for a few years.. Its getting to the point to where its bad and I cant control it much with her diet anymore.. So off to the dr we go to get some meds.
I really hate seeing her having this I mean why my child.. I know its not fair to say that but no mother wants anything to be wronge with thier kids . The stares she gets from people.. which who by the way are mostly adults.. I just want to walk up to them and smack the crap out of them ya know! EW
: OK my nice pot turned into a rant post SORRY! I better get going.. Talk soon

· Registered
672 Posts
HI everybody!

Long time no see (or type that is!)

I'm just never on the computer these days-too busy-good to see everyone and their babies are doing well best wishes to the sickies!

Cecily laughed for the first time last night it was SOOOOO sweet. She is a wonderful baby. I'm SO glad I got a bit of a break from the high need trend!
I just can't believehow quickly it's all going!!
Charity

· Registered
1,632 Posts
HI Charity~ So glad to hear your well as well as your little one..
Nothing much new here.. Christina when are you going to be moving? I hope the ones who were sick are better as well as the little ones who have been not feeling so well.. Spencer is well. He has started to laugh on a daily manner now.. You cant help but laugh when he does.. He was laughing in his sleep the other night and and I woke up because I thought he was choking but he was fast askeep and laughing in his sleep...
To funny..

· Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Oh, I love it when a child laughs in their sleep. Hunter does that. Adam is doing well, gettin' fatter every day. Check out my new pics of the boy. We have documentation that Adam smiles now!! Off I go to fix lunch for my little demons!

· Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Christy we will be moving sometime this summer probably next month. we are still working out the details. Chloe has been doing great with tummy time now I use the bobby to help her. what I think is so cute is when she smiles at me after nursing. one of these days I will have to figure out how to post pictures of her and my other girls. hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Christina

· Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Hey where is everyone? not much to report here Chloe is going to be 3 months saturday she is starting to smile alot more and trys to talk to you alot more. I need to go clothes shopping for Chloe and get her some 3-6 months clothes was thinking about bidding on some clothes on ebay. well I hope everyone is doing alright.

Christina

· Registered
175 Posts
Hi all,
In my last post, I put that Sadie is peeing in diapers. She is actually in regular underwear. I was just tired I guess!
I get on the computer so late these days!
The peeing has slowed down to once every other day or so, so hopefully she will stop soon. I think it is just that she isn't feeling well mostly. It is so hard because she is sick and needs me constantly, but I have 2 others plus hubby and myself to look after too. Anyone else feel pulled in all directions at once? I once heard someone refer to it as the "mommy pie". You know, everyone wants a slice, but there is only so much to go around.
We bought a new car this weekend. A 99 dodge durango. It is pretty nice. I am happy. I can fit my family, plus a few more. And it has a cd changer. Now, the kids and I can listen to the Beatles and Elvis to our hearts content!

Hope everyone is doing well!

· Registered
1,632 Posts
HI Mama's! Hope all is well. We are dying in this darn heat this summer.. I hate heat... So you wonder why I live in Az
ANyhow Spencer is doing really well. He is sleeping all night from about 8-5 sometimes he wakes up at 3 to eat or I will wake him at around 3 to eat because I am so full.. Nursing is going wonderfully.. This morning I was playing wiht his feet and biting them asking him which toe I should eat first and he would just giggle and giggle.. Then I played patty cake with his feet and he thought that was the funniest thing.. Time for the fun things ... I cant wait.. I love babies they are so pure and cute!
JUJU how exciting for your family to get a new car! The durangos are nice.. We are a Dodge family here. I would be disowned from my family if we werent.. My dad works for Chrysler and well we get a nice discount off all our cars !
We have a 03 Dodge extended cab Hemi... Its nice but was a pain to get in and out of pregnant... Was not a sight to see ... :LOL It seats 6 .. I plan on going to get the new Dodge Magnum hemi... Its thier new Station wagon and very SWEEEEET! Anyhow enough about car talk. I hope all you mamas and your babies are well. Take care!

· Registered
346 Posts
Liam is really cheerful - it's wonderful! I feel bad for the moms of fussier babeis - we are sooo lucky. But lately he's been kicking up a storm at night and keeping me awake. Gas, I think. Around 6 am he starts squirming in his sleep - I think he wants to nurse, but he's not interested, just squirms and squirms, until around 8 am when I give up and get out of bed.

Developmentally he's started getting into grabbing, and batting at things overhead of his playmat. Today I watched him very consciously look at a toy hanging overhead and bring his hand purposefully up to it, rather than the real random movements of the past. That was really neat.

Anybody else's baby getting really drooly? He's dripping all over the place these days and blowing bubbles. When he was lying on the mat earlier today he even started choking on his own saliva!

21 - 40 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.