Mothering Forum banner
41 - 60 of 98 Posts

· Registered
1,632 Posts
Tammy~ Spencer has been pretty drooly since he was about 2 months old! He has been choking on his spit for awhile too. I know its nuts! I want him to get his tooth in but then again dont want him too... YKWIM.. He is a pretty happy baby.. He NOW watches us when we eat... My dd#1 was eating last night and he was just watching her and laughing! We were all rolling because he was laughing so hard! I am glad the big belly laughs are here! He to has been swinging and trying to reach for things. He tries to get my face when he nurses,,,, They get so big so fast.

· Registered
346 Posts
Be careful what you wish for!

Liam hasn't been napping real well today - he'd fall asleep with his head on my arm, and when I'd move my arm (because it was totally falling asleep) he'd wake right up, bright eyed and bushy tailed. Heaven forbid I should actually try to put him down in his basinette - not a chance. I was tired too, so we laid down on the couch in the hopes that I could get a few winks - he fell asleep, then woke up crying before I managed to close my own eyes.

Now, of course, he's fast asleep on my lap, the cat is meowing for his dinner, and I desperately have to go pee! At least both of my hands are free and I can type...

· Registered
1,632 Posts
Gesh noone has posted on here for 3 days!
Where is everyone at.. I remember our April pregnancy thread was filled with mamas. Now we just have a handful who come and post so much.. I feel like we have lost some friends.. women who we bonded with throughout our pregnancies.. Oh mamas come out and say Hello!
Things going well here. Spencer is teething. He has been shoving his hands in his mouth and pressing down on his gums.. I dont see anything there really yet but It could be a matter of time before they pop through.
Hes only 3 months old I dont want him to have teeth.. He is always staring at us eating. I think he wants to try them as well.
We found out somethign that doesnt agree with him in my diet! DUH me I have been eating peanut butter and lots of it! He had a bad bad diaper rash and had some blood in his runny poo... I almost freaked out. But it wasnt alot so I figured it out to be from the peanut butter and all the poo he was doing was rubbing his little bum raw!
I felt bad.. SO no more nutter butters for me.
they are so good though.. UGH! He is also reaching for things and batting at them.. He watches everything you do and where you go... He loves his big sisters and laughs and smiles at them all the time. Thats about all from here.. Tomorrow is Wyatt Earp days here in town and so there is a fair .. reenactment and parade going all all weekend. The parade is going right by our house this year so all we have to do is sit in our yard and watch!
Thats about all here. Hope all the mamas and babies are well. Take care..

· Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Hi everyone. been busy here. Chloe held her rattle for the first time today. she tried to put it in her mouth Iam a little concerned about her tough she doent coo alot or smile or roll over or reach out for things.

well back to packing hope everyone is doing well.

· Registered
1,331 Posts
sorry i havent been on in awhile. we were in texas. last night katya had a fever of 103. she would scream and scream, then we but paci back in her mouth and she wold fall asleep --for 4o min--then scream again.

she rolled from back to front yesterday. she also reaches for toys, and brings them to her mouth.

gotta go, this is the first chance i'd had to pump!

· Registered
346 Posts
No rolling from Liam yet, but a fair amount of grabbing, and batting at toys over his head on his playmat. But lots and lots of smiling and cooing and gurgling and the rest. He's a *very* social baby.

Although he hated it in the beginning, lately he's really started enjoying being on his tummy - he squirms and moves his arms and legs and is happy to stay there for quite a while (he used to start crying after just a minute or two). How's everyone else doing in terms of tummy time?

We started an infant massage class on Wednesday, and I actually gave him one last night. Has anyone else done any infant massage? We've only learned legs and feet so far, but he seemed to like it, after some initial complaining (we did it after his bath, and he *hates* getting out of his bath).

· Registered
672 Posts
Hey everyone!
no rolling here yet, just lots of smiles and laughs!!

Oh, and she loves to chew on her dress or other cloth, she 'SCREAMS if you take it awasy from her, LOL!

Good to see you all again!

Squishy, I wouldn't worry, she will when she's ready!

· Registered
4,450 Posts
Talia has rolled only TWICE from stomach to back. One time was a total anomaly at 2 months old. Only dh and my brother saw it. The last time was Thursday, and only my mom saw it. I'm not sure when she will start rolling "for real" but I want to see it soon! She is very smiley, no real laughs, but tons and tons and tons of "talking." She makes all different vowel and consonant sounds already; maybe she will be a really early talker like ds. She will by 4 months on July 26th and has her check-up on the same day. She is going through something of a minor nursing strike this week, nursing only 4 or so times a day, and only when she is really tired and falling asleep. I think she may be too distracted otherwise. She's still a total chubby chunk, tho, so I am not too worried. She's still sleeping 10:30-5 am, and I usually have been getting up and going to the gym when she wakes at 5. I feed her and then go, and she goes back to sleep, so it works out well. Took this morning off and took Tali to the beach for a walk at 10:00 instead. So I feel very rested today! Have a great weekend.

· Registered
1,331 Posts
OMG Katya is teething. She has been inconsolable all day, hot, and irritable. I glanced in he mouth while she was screaming, and I could "see" teeth beneath her gums! You know two teeth shaped light blobs right on the lower gums.

You "experienced" mamas..how long does this take? 2 days 7, 10???? She is so uncomfortable

I guess I'll buy a teether tomarrowafte the farmers
market?

BTW, christymama I forgot to say happy three months on the 13 to Spencer! (Katya was born on the same day)

· Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Iam so upset I started my period last night I thought when you breastfeed you dont get a period oh well nothing I can do about it. nothing new is going on here. just packing for my move.

Christina

· Registered
4,450 Posts
Ugghhh! I went to the gym and was gone exactly 75 minutes, and Talia rolled over again, and I missed it AGAIN! She just doesn't want to perform for Mommy, I guess. My mom got to see it again, though.
Christina, I have known people to get their periods as soon as you have, or even later than I did with DS (17 months!). I think everyone's body is different. Also, DS nursed around the clock every hour and a half for a very, very long time. I think I will get it back sooner this time; Talia already sleeps 10:30-5 am and nurses only about 5 times a day.

· Registered
1,632 Posts
Spencer rolls but not a everyday thing.. Hes rolled only a few times.. He is teething as well rufusbeans,,, My dd#1 started at about 4 months.. didnt get her first tooth until she was 9 months
So it cantake awhile.. I am not looking forward to it.. He to talks all the time half the time your wondering who hes talking to because hes nonstop yapping...

Christina dont worry I started my period on the 1st of this month.. I to was mad!
: I thought HEY I am breastfeeding whats the deal... Oh well ..
I was going to come on here and post about Spencer only eating about 5 or 6 times a day..I was a bit concerend about it but I see that teachma daughter does as well. Is this normal .. How long does she nurse? Spencer will nurse about 10 to maybe 15min at a time.. Is that long enough? When should I worry about how much hes eating? He to sleeps through the night.. On occiasion he will nurse in the middle of the night. But goes to bed anywhere from 830-930 at night and normally sleeps until 5am.. So does this sound normal.. the 5 to 6 times a day feedings?? ( hes chubby too 15 pounds when I last checked) Anyhow Other then that we are all well. Went to the parade today walked down to the library... got me a few books et. its so stinking hot here.
Well gotta run..

· Registered
4,450 Posts
Christy, I think it is normal for babies at this age to nurse much less than they used to. I think they have gotten more efficient. I know I still try to nurse Tali more than she wants it because it seems so infrequent that she "asks"...but when I try, she does the whole "latch on-latch off-latch on" thing, which lets me know she simply isn't hungry. I don't know her weight, but her thighs couldn't be sooo chubby if she was eating too little!! Her 4 month check up will be on her 4 month b-day, the 26th of this month. (She's an "old" April baby, considering she was actually born March 26th!) I do plan to start solids then, too, though many people wait longer. Since I will be working full time in Sept. and she doesn't like the bottle too much, I want her to be eating some foods by then to hold her over and fill her tummy a little while I am gone during the day. I hope she likes food better than ds did! He didn't like anything but the boob until he was over a year old. Oh- he did like bread, but not any kind with a whole lotta nutrition in it!

· Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Chloe is going through the same thing eats about 5 to seven feedings a day and is doing that latch on latch off thing too. I also am going to give Chloe solid food at four months I did with all of my kids. well got to go I can feed Chloe.

Christina

· Registered
4,450 Posts
Oh, Christy, and she nurses for only about 7-10 minutes each time. Sometimes only one side for 7 minutes and then refuses the other. Occasionally, I have even started to pump to alleviate the pain caused from the extra milk she doesn't want. How annoying! But I will probably need that milk (which I freeze) when I go to work in Sept. and my mom is watching her. Anyone else going back to work??

(I actually did go back to finish up the year with my second graders. Tali was 11 weeks old! I worked 2.5 weeks at the middle/end of June, but now I am off till Aug. 26th again)

· Registered
1,331 Posts
Katya doesn't eat for very long either 5-7 mins and does latch on/latch off, but I wouldn't call her thigh chubby. I am not too concerned though becuse she is getting tall instead of round.
Teachma, I wish I could go back to work. And then I don't wish. I don't have anybody to watch her (my mom teaches second graders too!) and don't know about childcare/can't affprd it. But then again I might miss her too much...

· Registered
346 Posts
I'll be going back to work at the beginning of August. But just for 3 days a week - the minimum I can work to keep our health insurance. DH will be between contracts, so he'll be staying home with Liam until he gets something new. I think it will be a nice opportunity for both of them. We've got a nice daycare lined up for the fall - just 6 kids, two caregivers, only 2 infants at any one time - hopefully DH will have work by then.

The exciting news around here is that Liam rolled over for the first time yesterday! From his tummy to his back - he shows no signs of going the other direction yet. The first time he sort of kicked off from my leg, so I figured he'd just gotten lucky, but when I put him back on his tummy he did it again without my leg, so then I knew it was the real thing! All in all, he did it about 4 times in a 10 minute period - but by the time we got the video camera going he'd worn himself out!

Liam is still nursing every 2 hours or so - I sometimes wish he'd start going longer, especially when we're out running errands and stuff. But I have pretty small boobs, so I think I'm one of those people that doesn't store a lot of milk, but makes it quickly. But he's also a young April baby, so we'll see how that goes as he gets older.

· Registered
1,632 Posts
thanks teachma! i feel alot better with his eating schedule! I dont think we will be giving him baby food at 4 months but maybe some cereal! i know hes interested in our food hes always staring when we eat lol.. i think by 6 months we will have started with the baby foods!i cant believe how fast they are growing!

41 - 60 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.