Mothering Forum banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts

· Registered
346 Posts
I was planning to have a home birth with New Moon, but we discovered around 37 weeks that Liam was breech. I tried every trick in the book to get him to turn, with no luck. My midwives would have attempted a home vaginal breech birth if DH and I had felt really strongly about it and had been willing to take the risks, but didn't recommend it for a first birth. I wasn't willing to make that attempt at home (although might have in hospital if I could have found a doc to do it). So it was c-section land for me. Going from a planned homebirth to a planned cesarean was a pretty big leap! Fortunately, I found a great doctor and had a really good birth and recovery, all things considered. And I left the hospital as soon as they'd let me - yucky places, hospitals.

Do you know about the Mothering Arts group that New Moon runs on Thursdays? It's a great place to meet AP moms.

· Registered
1,632 Posts
Spencer spit up big time today .. I Was a bit alarmed but dh reminded me that babies do sometimes spit up
He never spits up so it took me off gaurd. Other then that this mornign he is acting normal and smiling and yappin to who ever will listen
Tomorrow I have to take dd#1 to her neruologist appt.. keep fingers crossed everything goes ok..
Well I better get going got some more laundry to get done.

· Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Hola gorgeous women. Glad to see everyone is healthy and happy!
Adam is doing well. Smiles like crazy, specially when he wants something... like mama. He doesn't like to be put down, but will roll over for me quite nicely. He doesn't talk much, but we don't talk much here, either. :LOL You wouldn't know it. Thank you Christy, for your thoughtful note. I wanted to call you, but your number is unlisted (call me stalker girl!
)

PPD is still here and not much fun. Still trying to get it all together... wondering if I ever will. Perhaps I'll just pop in to Arizona and see y'all. BTW, christina, I'll see you when u get here. Houston is not so very far away...

· Registered
258 Posts
Hi Ladies-I know it's been forever. My crazy life with twins keeps me far from the computer most of the time. Looks like everyone is good. Sorry Lisa about your PPD. I think I had a bit of i t early on, it may have just been the overwhelmingness of twins. They are really great. Lillie has adjusted extremely well to them. They are 3 1/2 months now and Amelie started rolling over on her 3 month birthday. Isabella has little interest in rolling over. They are teething, too which is so not fun. I'm feeling less sleep deprived lately. The girls let me get a little shuteye. I drove all the kiddos down to my mom's a few weeks ago. It was a six hour drive and everyone did really awesome. We stayed a week. Dh was home laying hardwood floors in our great room. It's nice not to have gross carpet anymore, even though it's still in the bedrooms.

I've been working on putting a voice-over studio in our house. I used to be a DJ and I've always done lots of commercials so I'd like to start doing that again. If I can get it all worked out, it will be a great way to make an income and stay home. It could take a while, though.

That's about it for now. I don't know how much the babies weigh. We are going to our first doctor's visit next week just for a check-up. My midwife goes to church with a pediatrician, so she said he'd be cool with us having the twins at home and not vaxing. We'll see how it goes. Take care all.

· Registered
1,632 Posts
;isa your so very welcome! lol i should of put my number in there!
my sweet sweet stalker friend

today i had to take spencer into the doc,,, he has some blood in his diaper area this morning then again this afternoon right up top where he pees soooo he had blood drawn
and i have to take in a pee sa,mple and poopy one tomorrow.... they think he could have a uti? is that somethings boys get? wht do you all think???? he is 15 pound 15 ounces and 25 and half inches long... he is growing!!!!

· Registered
1,537 Posts
hello mamas-
glad to see all is well because i need support and prayers. all my kids, including the baby, have whooping cough. it sucks. it started in the 5 yo while on vacation ,then the baby got it and that has been HELL. i repeatedly througout the day have the longest 45 seconds of my life. it is so scary, he has lost a lot of weight and we may have to bring him in again.
great vacation lol
maria

· Registered
1,632 Posts
Maria I am soo sorry you had a crappy vacation and even more sorry that all your babies are sick.
I hope they all get better soon..
Well I took spencer in to the doc the other day because he had some blood in his diapers and the runs All the time! Soo they did some blood work and pee and poo sample and they called today to say that he is highly anemic.. SOOOO I feel like the worst mommy in the world! I started to take a vit wiht iron today! Does anyone know what else low iron can do in babies.. Have I "damaged "my baby?
Hope everyone is well. I am glad to see some faces around here

· Registered
4,450 Posts
I think I probably have the first solid food eater of all the April babes. Well, technically, she is a March one (26th) but I consider myself one of you, since she was due April 3rd. We tried her with bananas and a loooot of EBM yesterday for dinner and twice today. She actually started opening her mouth for more toward the end of each feeding session. I gave her only a very, very little. But I think I need to do this because she won't drink from the bottle and I return to work in a month. Food will be better than nothing, so we have started early. She has already been much more receptive to it than my ds was, but then again, I started cereal with him first, and that stuff doesn't taste great at all! She still isn't rolling over for me, but my mom has seen her roll (only from tummy to back) a handful of times. She is just so content. I guess she isn't in a hurry to roll. However, on her tummy, she has creeped several feet forward at a time! It isn't crawling by any stretch, but it's some serious movin'! She has also pivoted 180 degrees on her tummy, using her arms to kind of "step" around. I'm always surprised to see where she ends up if I step out of the room to use the bathroom or something and leave her on the floor. Hmmm....maybe I shouldn't be doin that any more?

Maria, my best wishes for a speedy recovery for all your family!

· Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Hi everyone I tried to give Chloe a bottle today and she will not have anything to do with it. I will probabaly start solids August when she is 4 months old probably start her out on rice cereal. well i better go so I can change Chloe diaper.

· Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Howdy! It's HOT...
Damn Hot!!! I hate heat. But, on to the main event.

Adam is doing very well now. He smiles, "talks" occasionally, and is FAT! We call him "Fat Boy" because he has a few chins. My favorite part of him is his chunky thighs. I just can't get enough of 'em! :LOL The Zantac did the trick on him, making him happy 'cause he wasn't hurting anymore. He still spits up quite prodigiously and often I just give up trying to be clean. I think I even have spit up in my hair!!!
: He also rolls over from tummy to back, and will "scoot" himself to get somewhere. He also prefers to be sitting up and only needs a little support to stand. He thinks he's a big boy!
He is in full "cute" baby mode, now. He still has blocked tear ducts, but I saw a friend of mine today that is an opthamologist and she recommended that we keep using the erythromycin and wash his eyes a few times a day with baby soap. THAT'S EASY FOR HER TO SAY!!!!

I finally organized a link with all of his pics... here it is. http://share-dell.shutterfly.com/osi...AN2TNyxasmzCOg Y'all can take a gander at this cutie pie (said with a humongous southern drawl).

Just as an aside...

Yesterday, Duncan and Hunter came into my bedroom... they each had SPOONS in their pants... :LOL
:

· Registered
258 Posts
Adam is so cute. Here's the link to the girls' pics http://www.johnshoward.com/lillie/index.html They are really fabulous.

It's been a sad day. My girlfriend passed away yesterday from cancer. She was 34 and an amazing mother. She had barely even weaned her almost 2 year old. She also has a 5 year old, both girls. I haven't seen her since January because they moved to Hawaii hoping to heal her breast cancer there. I talked to her just before the twins were born and she was so excited about them. I miss her so much and am so sad for her girls and her husband. They had such an amazing relationship.

That's all now. I'm glad everyone is enjoying their babies.

· Registered
9,321 Posts
Hi mamas. I'd like to join you.
I have a 3-month old son, Blake, born April 16. I had a hospital birth which was intervention-free except AROM. He is our first baby.
DH is 23, I'm 22, we live in S. Utah. I have been on Mothering for some time, but I've been hanging out in the circ forum. I am back at work now, but we work opposite shifts so DS is always w/ at least one of his parents.
We are in the process of converting to cloth, we are anti-circ, delaying Vax until we can make a decision, ebf, etc. I suppose I'll fit in better here. My "other" birth board is currently mad at me for pointing out that 1. just because a lot of people do something does not make it safe, and 2. babies nerves ARE fully developed at birth, in their ears and every other part of their bodes, and 3. just because something is legal does not mean we should all do it. I am "unsupportive" and "harsh".
: I will not let misinformation stand without a challenge. If that is harsh, so be it.
Blake is over 2' tall now and 14.5 lbs. He was born at 9lbs 7.5oz. He was supporting his own weight on his legs at around 2 weeks. He rolled over 5 times in one day back at about 5 weeks, but wouldn't when the camera was on, and hasn't since. He is getting to be a good "talker" and is learning his hands.
Oh, and today he was standing on my lap, and when I kissed him he latched onto my nose!!

Glad to wander on to you.

· Registered
4,450 Posts
mum2lillie, my thoughts are with you and your friend's family today. My greatest fear is dying before my children grow up; the story of your friend is very sad.

Talia has her 4 month check-up this morning. I can't wait to find out how big she is! Her brother was 17 lbs. 10 oz at 4 months old, and 26.5 inches long. I know she will not be that big!! She weighed 3 pounds less than he did at her birth and has never caught up. We do vax, but I am thinking the doctor will want to hold off because I have been running a high fever since Sat. and so if she gets a fever after the shots, we'd have no way of knowing if it was a reaction or if she just caught my virus. This cold has been making me totally miserable; swollen throat and neck, aching lower back, and the chills. I hope it goes away soon!

· Registered
346 Posts
Welcome, Emily.

Mum2Lillie - what sad news! I'm very sorry for you and your friends poor family.

GoodWillHunter - I'm *sooo* glad that the Zantac has been such a help for Adam. Liam still has a clogged tear duct too - I've not been very good about cleaning his eye every day like I'm supposed to.

Liam is one of the littlest April babies - he just turned 3 months today! He's totally having his three month growth spurt - at least that's what I'm hoping the sudden increase in night nursing is about. He was nursing only 2-3 times a night, now he's nursing 4-6 times for the last two nights. I'm tired.

Beautiful baby pics, everybody! Here's mine: http://public.fotki.com/tammylc/liam_pictures/

I can't even imagine Liam on solids - I'm planning to wait until at least 6 months - he's still got a very pronounced tongue-thrust reflex, which I can't imagine will go away in only another month.

I go back to work a week from today. Just for 3 days/week, but I'm having a hard time imagining being away from Liam for a whole 8-9 hours at a stretch! Yikes. Luckily, he'll be staying at home with DH for a little while, so he'll still be in a familar place with a familiar face.

Have a great day, moms and babes.

· Registered
1,632 Posts
Cute cute pictures everyone! Things are well here
Spencer is anemic... I feel like a bad mama.. I am always anemic and I was all through pregnancy! So I am taking a vit with iron and I have also started him on some rice cereal with iron.. I was going to wait until he was 4 months to start the cereal but i figured i would try it now ,,, only 2 weeks early.. Anyhow i was amazed on how well he did and how well he liked it!!!! He eats it from his spoon and then bounces up and down because you cant shove it in his mouth fast enough! I hope it will being his iron back up.. Has anyone else went through low iron in babies?? anyhow other then that hes fine.. We have also cut out ALL dairy! It was causeing his gut to inflame and thats why there was blood in his stools.. So that also could be why he is a bit anemic ! UGH!
He now screams at his sisters.. He was doing that this morning and they were just laughing laughing laughing at him.. :LOL
He has a tooth coming in as well
always pressing on his gums and groaning....... talk talk talk... laugh laugh....he has a spot where i can see the tooth coming in at.. gesh they grow so fast..
mum2lillie I am so sorry to hear of your friend.. I hope there can be peace brought to her family and her sweet child. I can not imagin the pain they are in. and you for that matter. I will be thinking about them and you!
Teachma how did the 4 month check go?? cant wait ot hear the report!
Wellt hats about all for now... Take care mamas

lisa i am glad things are better and Adma is feeling better!

· Registered
672 Posts
Christymama:
When Spencer had blood in his stool was it black or red? Cecily had blood in her stools all last week and spit up blood on Saturday (crying tons, not eating well sleeping well etiher)-I'm wondering if it could have been caused by reflux?? We took her in Friday and Saturday and they want her to go in for an upper endoscopy tomorrow.

I cut dairy out starting Saturday and she seems to be better but I don't know for sure she had reflux...

I hate to take her in for the procedure anyway, but ESPECIALLY if she is doing better. The gasteroenteroligist isn't even going to see her first, just straight to the tube down her throat!

61 - 80 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.