Mothering Forum banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

· Registered
1,632 Posts
bellafinn~ Spencer blood was a pink reddish color.. He also was VERY crabby and cried alot.. Often times it was like he was in pain and we did everything we could and nothing seemed to work.. It was a tough week ! It seemed like the baby i had was gone and replaced with one that CRIED all the time.. But since I have stopped all dairy he has been sooooo much better. Back to his happy little self.. sleeps better too... All babies react different to allergies.. I dont know much about the reflux though.. I would ask Lisa ( goodwillhunter) because Adam went through the reflux and she now has him on meds... You might ask her what they did to test him for it .. I wouldnt want your sweet babe to have to go through getting a tube shoved down her throat if she doesnt need to ya know..... I also posted in your other thread.....
I hope you get some answers!

· Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Hi Lisa we will be moving to Texas in the fall sometime they keep moving up the date Iam starting to get mad. Chloe is doing good growing out of all her 0-3 months clothes I have to go clothes shopping soon Iam wondering if I should skip buying the 3-6 months and go to 6-9 monthes. I just dont want to buy 3-6 and she out grows them quick. well I better go hope everyone is doing ok.

Christina

· Registered
672 Posts
I don't know that it was reflux- I don't know what is wrong,
bleeding and fussy -but better now with me cutting dairy,corn

If the dairy caused it with Spencer don't you wonder why it appeared all of a sudden? I am wondering...
nak

· Registered
1,632 Posts
Well I didnt put two and two together before. But hes been a bit phlemy since he was a few weeks old. He would have some nasty runny poo.. I know hes getting enough of the hidemilk.. So i knew itwasnt that... But once i cut out dairy his poo is starting to return to normal and the phlemy sound he had in his throat all the time is gone.. I would think that over a period of time the tummy can only take so much and so it starts to bleed. I would think it would take awhile before it got to the point of showing blood ya know?? It sucks when they are soo little and cant talk and we have to play detectives to figure out what is wrong...

· Registered
4,450 Posts
I am sorry that some of you are going through health issues with your babies. I hope you all solve the mysteries soon!

Our appt. yesterday went very well. Talia weighs 14 pounds and 5 ounces, and it was exactly her 4 month birthday. I was surprised to learn that her weight is in the 75th percentile for a 4 month old girl! She's a little chub, but it seems like so many babies are heavier than she is, even at a younger age. Well, that's what the top 25 percentile is for, I guess! Her length is 24.5 inches, which is the 50th percentile, and her head circumference (I forget the # of inches) is also the 50th. So...she's a well proportioned chub! She did get the 4 vaccines yesterday; the dr was not concerned about my having a fever and her possibly catching it. I just did tylenol for 24 hours, and she seems to be napping during the day a little, which she usually doesn't (at all!) so I think it's just the effect of the shots. Other than that, all is well...we have now tried both bananas and apple sauce, heavy on the EBM. I think the texture of the applesauce freaked her out, but she takes about 12 spoons of bananas just fine after 3 days of solid food. I'm not pushing it, but just gently trying to teach her to accept the spoon since she will not accept a bottle and will need SOMETHING when I return to work.

· Registered
1,537 Posts
omg-
having a sick baby is stressing out my family. he is sooooo much smaller than he was and is up and crying all the time- day and night. the other 2 are handling the sickness just fine but i have no time for them. poor kids raising themselves this month..........
all 3 are having acupunture which seems to be helping a bit but i am starting to wonder if this will ever end. i see why some refer to pertussis as the 100 day cough, most people have told me to expect 3 months minimum.......yikes

· Registered
1,632 Posts
gesh maria I am soo sorry you are still fighting this.. Sending speedy recovery vibes your way~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teachma I am glad your appointment went well .. Spencer will be 4 months on the 13th of Aug .. Last week when he went in he was 16 pounds and 25 and half inches long.. I bet next month when he goes in for his checkup he will be about 16 and half maybe 17 pounds and at least 26 inches! He is chubby to!!! I love chubby babies... So cute!
Things well here.. Hope they are there with everyone else too! Talk soon..
Christy

· Registered
258 Posts
So sorry Maria-that sucks so much about the whooping cough. Something I would hate to have to deal with, but we don't vax so it may happen sometime.

Christy your boy sounds so big and healthy! I weighed the babies this morning on my scale with me and however not truly accurate, Isabella weighs around 15 pounds and Amelie is around 14. Not bad for 3 1/2 month old breastfed twins-eh? I'm taking them in for a 4 month check-up just to cover our butts if anyone ever starts something because we had them at home. It'll be interesting to see what they weigh then.

Thanks for all the thoughts about my girlfriend who passed away. We are having a women's circle of all of our friend's to celebrate her this weekend. I think it will just be hard when I see her children one day. I don't know when that will be, but I'm sure her husband will bring them here eventually. She asked him to before she left.

Take care everyone-

· Registered
1,632 Posts
kendall Spencer is very cuddley!!! Your twins sound really healthy too. Good mamas milk!

Christina I am sorry they are giving you a runaround with your move.. We will all have to get together You Lisa and I ... We can have a mama weekend or something.. I am in Az but I am only 220 miles from san antonio....
Spencer is really digging the cereal.. I cannot believe how well he does with the spoon like he has been eating for years... If people think hes chubby now just wait with this cereal he will really fatten up..

· Registered
1,632 Posts
HI! And Boo to you Lisa.. :LOL
I have been meaning ot post this a while back but always forget. But is anyone else Losing thier Hair?/ Mine started a few weeks ago and I am starting ot get freaked out about it.. I mean It comes out all day long.. When i shower its on the ground ... When I brush it there it is.. Always falling out if i run my fingers through it there is usually at least8 hairs ... Whats the deal here.. I lost my hair with my girls but I think it was soon after birth.. Maybe this time its cause i am breastfeeding and its takeing longer?? who knows,, I was just wonder if I am the only one having this..?

Spencer rolls and rolls now.. He hasnt rolled onto his tummy form his back yet.. But he is rolling from tummy to back.. We cant keep him on his belly he will roll within the min

NOt much else ot report here.. Tomorrow will be the last day of July! Time is going by so fast isnt it.. August thread here we come

· Registered
4,450 Posts
Oh yeah- TOTALLY losing tons of hair for about 3 weeks now! It is one of those unpleasantries I had conventiently forgotten from my first pregnancy, until...yuck!! I can't keep up with the cleaning; it's like we have a new furry, brown carpet in the bathroom! I have also always been a shedder, but this is ridiculous. I have thin hair to start with.

Talia rolled for me twice last night- finally! She rolled from back to tummy, two times in a row. I am the only one who has seen her roll this way, tho my mom and dh have seen her roll from tummy to back and I haven't yet.

July is almost over
That means my time left "at home" is short. Back to work for me on Aug. 26th, Talia's 5 month birthday. But...my birthday is on Sunday. I will be OLD!
It's a big one for me (30)!

· Registered
1,537 Posts
Teachma-
30 is soooo young. i just had my 35th a few days ago and dh just hit the big 40! Yikes!!!
He truely looks 30- long reddish hair- lots of it and very little grey, he has developed a bit of a beer belly though!!
zephyriah is not getting any sicker! I thinkhe is showing slight improvement during the day, but nights are full of coughing spells almost every hour....
i do not know how big he is now, he has started eating again and is putting on alittle weight!
dd goes back to school after 1 more week AND ds1 is starting full day kindergarten!!! whooooooo!!

· Registered
1,632 Posts
teachma I know how you feel I just turned 30 in June and I was freaking out about it.. BUt it was ok it came and went like any other birthday... :LOL unoticed as always LOL...

I am glad i am not the only one losing hair!
Glad your little ones are getting better Love2all! DD#1 starts school on the 11th and I cant wait..

81 - 98 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.