Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LINK TO OUR FIRST THREAD - LOTS OF GREAT INFORMATION - CHECK IT OUT!!

MACA BFP GRADUATES!!

A Mothers Love + DP, : 2 tbsp/day ~ since March 2008 --> Received BFP April 16, 2008
JSMa/Jenifer, : 2 tbsp/day ~ since March 17, 2008 --> Received BFP April 30, 2008

All the lovely ladies TTC with the help of Maca! Let the BFP's ROLL IN!!!

: CURRENTLY TTC WITH MACA!
:

because/Jessica, 2 capsules/day ~ since early February 2008. BFP 4 weeks later but m/c.
Doodledoo/Kez & DH, : 2 tbsp gelatinized/day ~ since April 2, 2008
Guinevere, : 3 capsules/day ~ since March 14, 2008
jazcat, : 3-4 capsules/day ~ since March 29, 2008
JennRN TTC#1, 2 tbls/day ~ since May 2008
juliel12, 2000 mg/day & DP 500 mg/day ~ since mid-March 2008
katiedidbug, 1200 mg/day ~ since April 2008
Lauren31, 2000 MG a day ~ since April 2008
Librarymo + DP, : 2 capsules/day ~ since March 20, 2008
maefair/Christina, : 2 tbsp/day ~ since March 21, 2008
massaginmommy/Laurie, : 1000 mg tablet 2x/day ~ since March 30, 2008
Olerica+DP, : 2 tbsp/day ~ since March 27, 2008
PaytnandAvarysMom, 1000 mg tablet 2x/day ~ since April 4, 2008
Reina28/Serena + DP, : 2 tbsp/day ~ since March 29, 2008
risen_joy/Ellie, 1 tbsp/day ~ since March 28, 2008
RunnerMommy, 2 tbsp/day ~ since April 2008
Simply Rochelle/Rochelle + Matt, 2 tbsp/day ~ starting 4/13/08
Wanalil_bean/Gretchen, 1 Tbsp/day ~ since March 17, 2008
WoodlandFairytale/Alice, : 1 tbsp/day ~ since March 22, 2008

Quote:
"Maca, Lepidium meyenii, is an annual plant which produces a radish-like root. The root of maca is typically dried and stored, and will easily keep for seven years. The plant is cultivated in the Junin plateau of Peru's Central Highlands, and was highly revered by the Inca.

Maca has been shown to increase libido, sexual function and overall energy. Maca strengthens and balances the endocrine system of both sexes in the appropriate gender-specific manner. Its action focuses on the hypothalamus/pituitary axis, which governs the intricate and delicate hormonal system of our body. It does not contain any hormones. (Note: If you have herpes 1 or 2, avoid maca - it contains large quantities of l-arginine, which may aggravate flare-ups).

To date there are no known toxic side effects to Maca. It is a very safe food and just as a common potato or turnip would not interfere with medications or supplements, neither will Maca. In fact, Maca will assist the body in utilizing supplements to their optimum capacity as it helps to further digest and assimilate the nutrients.

To be consistent with Peruvian use you'd take a minimum of six to ten 500-milligram capsules or 1-2 tablespoons of powder daily, equal to 3,000 to 5,000 milligrams of maca. Remember that Maca is a food; less than 1500mg will likely not deliver desired results. (Note: the dose most often recommended is 1500-3,000 milligrams daily.)"

Source for the above: http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/supple...asure/faq.html

Learn more about other women's experiences with maca and get smoothie recipes here: Ovusoft Maca Thread

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I got everyone who has charts added in... if anyone wants added, please put your info in bold.

As for me... my temps are still up... Will test Wednesday I think... I hope the temps stay up.
:

Alice!!! It looks like you O'ed!!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JSMa View Post
I think I got everyone who has charts added in... if anyone wants added, please put your info in bold.

Jennifer, thanks for the lovely new thread.
: for lots of BFPs!
to everyone

My chart's really not v exciting at the mo, CD7 here! But here's the link if you could add it to the list. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1eeaa4 Also, we're both now up to 2 tbsp per day, if you could change that too? Sorry to give you extra work!

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All updated Doodledoo!

I'm sorry Alice.
I've actually gotten a bit more used to the taste... So I think you can build a sort of acquired-ness to it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have a chart too...in my siggy. I am smiley limited so its just a link...still going strong here with the maca and hoping my temp shoots up pretty soon - and not due to fever because I am definitely coming down with something.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I added your chart Reina.

Temp shot way way way down this morning. *cries* I feel so miserable....

·
Registered
436 Posts
JSMa, thanks for the lovely new thread! I'm sorry your temp dropped so much this morning.

My chart is looking good, but it's so early (7DPO) so I'm trying to behave myself and keep my expectations reasonable. (Good news: No imaginary symptoms. Yet.) I've been alternating between taking 1TBSP/day and 2 capsules/day, but I've been pretty consistent about taking some form of maca every day. Baby dust to everyone!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I have a question. I am 3 DPO & my temps keep going DOWN. Do I need to quit the maca after "O"?
I do have a headcold & it may be messing w/ my temps. but none of us like to see our temps drop & geeze I'm only early into the 2ww.
Please see my chart. Should I stop the maca, or is it the cold?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Thanks! But like I said, I'm trying to keep my expectations in check, for at least another 3 days!

A Mothers Love: I think stopping the maca after O is up to you, but I have read that some women continue taking it (I have) during the 2ww. In fact, I think in the first few pages of our first thread (the link is at the top of this thread) there is some discussion about this exact thing. GL!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Thank you ladies. I looked at the original thread. I will keep the maca up I suppose . I did commit to it, & it may just be my cold making my temps dive. I just tried to order more maca & they are allready out of stock. so DH & I will have to stretch what we have left or get some from another place. where are all of you getting yours? Mountain Rose is out. Is anyone using natural zing? maybe I will try them. I just want the best quality

·
Registered
23 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by A Mothers Love View Post
Is anyone using natural zing? maybe I will try them. I just want the best quality

I'm using Natural Zing. I make a smoothie with two tablespoons every morning and don't taste the maca at all. Highly recommended. I bought mine a few weeks ago though and am almost out, so I need to get more.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello everyone:

I would love to join in if you don't mind...

I've just started taking maca mid March
2000 mg/day. My DH is taking only 500 mg/day (I have a hard time convincing him that it's okay to take pills!)

I think that the maca has already spurred ovuation a few days earlier for me this month but I can't tell exactly what day because I wasn't temping all month. I had taken a bit of a break in order to not stress so much about it - now it's a bit hard to read my chart. What do you guys think? My normal pre-ovulation temps are 97 - 97.4 and post are 97.5 - 98.2...
Love to hear what everyone thinks.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/journal/revYFIebQ.png

1 - 20 of 189 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.