Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read my sugery report and it said everything I wanted to hear (thank the lord) but one thing was that I had severe adhesions. He called it pelvic adhesion disease. Is that bad for vab2c?<br><br>
It also said he did a low transverse cut in me 2cm above my 1st scar. Its still good since it was a low one right?

·
Registered
833 Posts
I've asked two MDs and a midwife about adhesions and they said no one has complained about adhesions during labor. The midwife said the only complaints she gets is during pregnancy when the scar area won't stretch.<br><br>
One poster on this board said she had pain there during labor.

·
Registered
137 Posts
They found massive adhesions during my second c/s, too. My caregivers told me their biggest concern in the future would be in the event I needed a true emergency section, they may have issues getting in fast enough. It took them 45 minutes to get through this time - of course they were taking their time and being careful, but still...

·
Registered
422 Posts
The only real risk of adhesions is that during subsequent pregnancies, your placenta may imbed into them and not come out well or completely after birth and that will cause hemorrage. If you are concerned about this, get someone who knows how to use a fetoscope to listen to your belly. This works as well or better than u/s, so if that is your preference, you can try that too. When you listen to your belly, the placenta sounds like a maternal heartrate, 60-90bpm with a woosh sound to it. If you find that your placenta is over your scar, then you should be aware, but not yet concerned. Don't let them bully you into repeat c because your thick adhesions might take too long to cut through, without evidence that your placenta is imbedded, there is not enough risk of complications of adhesions to outweigh the risks of surgery.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I've never heard another mama complain about adhesion pain DURING labor. I, however, had EXTREME adhesion pain during my last labor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts