Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the dollar store tests are as accurate as others. Has anyone had false negatives on these then come to find out they are actually pg?<br><br>
I'm in a weird situation. My youngest babe is 17 months old, still nursing, and I've had no pp AF yet. I've been checking for signs of fertility with my cervix and haven't noticed any . . . so we've been taking no precautions. We're not ttc, but I wouldn't be unhappy if we were to conceive. So about 2 weeks ago I wake in the middle of the night throwing up. Lasted almost all night, and I felt awful the next day. I spent the next week getting waves of nausea and started getting a terrible taste in my mouth (which I've had with each pg), my taste buds are off (everything tastes terrible), I'm tired, I have this out-of-body kinda feeling (as I did with esp my first pg). So I'm thinking, whoa, maybe I'm pg. I used dollar store tests--one this past Saturday and one this morning (first urine of the morning, to be extra sure) and both came up negative. I don't really think I'm pg since I hadn't noticed any changes in my cervix to indicated ovulation, but I cannot explain all my weird symptoms that have been going on for almost 2 weeks.<br><br>
So I'd like to believe that the tests are correct, but I'm still confounded by my very pg-like symptoms. Ideas?<br><br>
TIA!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
The Dollar Tree brand pregnancy tests are very accurate. I can't remember the website that tests them all, but I know there is one out there- Dollar Tree were good ones. (and cheap!)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Dollar tree tests are very accurate....They are pretty sensitive too they test at 25miu (i think that is the right unit of mesurement)<br><br>
The web site is <a href="http://www.peeonastick.com" target="_blank">www.peeonastick.com</a> check it out they have a TON of info.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, mamas!

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have experienced evap lines on just about every test there is but I think they are good especially for only a buck. The important thing is to follow the instructions and THROW AWAY the test after the allotted time. Good luck.

·
Registered
219 Posts
They say they are really sensitive, but that was the LAST test i got a positive on, and it took awhile before the line was actually dark enough to see without squinting. I got very early positives on answer and first response early result.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts