Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After learning about the dangers of re-using plastic water bottles, I bought a few Sigg water bottles to use instead. They are made out of aluminum with a protective coating inside. Dd and I have been using them for our daily intake of water, so they are used constantly.

Now I am starting to worry that the aluminum is detrimental to our health, because aluminum causes brain deterioration later in life. But then I remind myself that soda and many other drinks come in aluminum cans.

Does anyone have any info that will help soothe my worries? I really don't want to go back to plastic. We could use glass but it is breakable (dangerous to carry around) and doesn't come in a water-bottle form which makes drinking water all day long so easy and inviting (thus more water intake).

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
What is the enamel coating made out of???

Other than that it would seem that aluminum would not be secreted into your water.

Do be sure to wash them offen, bacteria can still build up in them like the plastic bottles people reuse and reuse and reuse funk and all.

Stainless steel would be my first choice, of course these days a lot of the stainless steel looking cups and bottles are plastic lined or glass.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.