Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the answer is probably not but am trying to calm myself down. I found a small lump on my left breast about an hour ago and am anxious about it. I'm 34 weeks pg today and my breasts have totally changed shape and color (and are dragging big time!) so I'm hoping it's just part of the pg changes. I asked DH to check and he said it felt more like a swollen gland than a "lump" so maybe I'm imagining things.

i will, of course ask MW to do a breast exam when I see her on tuesday, but wondering if others have had swollen glands or lumps at this stage of pg.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Definately get a breast exam. You need to be 100% sure.

However, for me, lumps in my breasts are perfectly normal when I'm in milk production mode. I would often get a really full milk duct or a swollen gland and they felt like felt like small lumps of hard flesh. As your breasts are preparing to produce milk, and upping their colostrum prodution, I don't think it's unusual to find swollen glands in your breasts. From what I understand the lumps you need to worry about feel very hard like rocks.

So try to relax and think positive thoughts in the meantime. And have your midwife do a full breast exam soon. For nothing else than peace of mind.
s Snowbaby

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Breast lumps are very normal for pregnancy and nursing - those glands are plumping up and getting ready to squirt
But, still, point it out to your MW or OB at your next appointment, just in case. I would guess that you have an appointment coming up soon, if you're 34 weeks?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.