Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here's the scoop. I took two tests that I bought from the dollar store and they were both neg. However, I'm a week late and I'm normally as regular as they come. I'm thinking either I'm pregnant or I have a huge tumor, but that's my hypochondria showing itself. Just wondering if anyone ever had negatives when they were indeed pregnant? I'm going crazy here.
thanks
jess

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Because of my dh's career, he knows way too much about pee tests of all kinds, and he says all HPT are FDA approved and meet set standards for accuracy. So, my guess is that you aren't pregnant. Any unusual stressors that would cause you to be this late? Hanging out an awful lot with a new female, so that you might be late because your cycles (hers and yours) are getting into synch with eachothers? My closest friends in high school - we all started within a few days of eachother.

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
1 week before my period was due I got a FAINT positive. (very very, think "Is that really a line hun?" "No, I don't think so" faint.) I got the same result 4 times. Then took an Early HPT and got a positive. After I had "officially" missed my period I tested again with the Dollar Store test and got a faint, but tiny bit darker line. I could definatly see it that time as opposed to the others, which makes sense since the Dollar Store brand is not supposed to be an "early HPT".

So I would say that they are accurate as far as judging pregnancy, but they can be VERY faint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts