Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was alarmed to see bright green poo in DD's diaper - we haven't seen that since she was 6-7 weeks or so (I think I had a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance). But it wasn't just ONE diaper...it was every susbsequent diaper yesterday, and this morning! Bright to spinachy green. When usually her poops are absolutely normal.<br><br>
I have read lots about green poop, so I'm familiar with the usual causes. My question is: could a change in my supplements have caused this? I usually take the same supplements every day. Yesterday I took 2 probiotics (4 billion bacteria each) instead of the usual one. AND I took a 500-mg Vitamin C pill, which I never do, but felt like a cold might be coming on so I took it.<br><br>
Could the Vitamin C cause the green poop? I know that when I took a B-complex when she was tiny, it turned her pee bright yellow.<br><br>
By the way, she is not fussy or gassy. Or teething, particularly. She was teething and drooling MUCH worse last week and no green poops.<br><br>
What do you think?<br><br>
ETA: she is EBF, no solids.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Usually green poop is hallmark sign of foremilk/hindmilk imbalance. But I have heard that iron in vitamins can cause it too

1 - 2 of 2 Posts