Mothering Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious. Don't know where to look for the info and was wondering if anyone here knows.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Yes, of course. I have a friend on another site that does not vax and her middle ds I believe is autistic. Of course there are genetic things involved I'm sure along w/ this things like prenatal exposure to mercury and other influencing factors.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
My nephew is autistic (he has a diagnosis of PDD-NOS) and he has never had a vaccine. Medical journals before the 20th century have documented cases of autism. This is a neurological disorder that is often genetically based--so there are often clusters of autism or related neuro disorders within family lines.<br><br>
Here is some info I found:<br><br>
How long have Autism Spectrum Disorders existed?<br><br>
Dr. Leo Kanner, a physician at Johns Hopkins Hospital, published the first paper describing autism in 1943. At virtually the same time, an Austrian psychologist, Hans Asperger, described a similar group of patients. Although ASD has been recognized as a medical condition only in modern times, there are many historical accounts pointing to the existence of autism well before the 20th century.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
from what I've read autism seems to be <i>related</i> to or prompted by vaccines- it can occur organically with no exposure to mercury or anything- but it can be brought on in kids that normally would not have it by vaccines and such

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
I do wonder if there are any formal studies that look at the rate of Autism in kids that are not vaxed vs kids who are vaxed...

·
Registered
207 Posts
I know personally two kids with autism who where never vaxxed. The one child has two brothers on the spectrum so the mom decided when she was pregnant with #3, she would bf longer and feed here baby gf/cf foods. Well, she started to see signs of autism by age 1 and had her bm tested and she was very toxic so she was passing metals along with other toxins to her kids. She served in the gulf war in the early 90's and had many shots herself and had a lot of health problems before having kids. She stopped bf right away and started to treat her son by detoxing him and he's doing great now.<br><br>
The other mom I know had a son who was not vaxxed but by age 4, had many cavities filled and regressed rapidly. He got a diagnosis by age 5 and the mom put two and two together and knew it was from his fillings, had them removed and has started chelation therapy.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>Robyn</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">I know personally two kids with autism who where never vaxxed. The one child has two brothers on the spectrum so the mom decided when she was pregnant with #3, she would bf longer and feed here baby gf/cf foods. Well, she started to see signs of autism by age 1 and had her bm tested and she was very toxic so she was passing metals along with other toxins to her kids. She served in the gulf war in the early 90's and had many shots herself and had a lot of health problems before having kids. She stopped bf right away and started to treat her son by detoxing him and he's doing great now.<br><br>
The other mom I know had a son who was not vaxxed but by age 4, had many cavities filled and regressed rapidly. He got a diagnosis by age 5 and the mom put two and two together and knew it was from his fillings, had them removed and has started chelation therapy.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
Do you happen to know how she got her breastmilk tested? I would be so upset if my breastmilk was toxic - I have nursed two babies (ds until 15 months old) and am pregnant with number 3. I plan to nurse this new baby for a long time. I am really nervous about weather this new child will have the same problems as my son.

·
Registered
207 Posts
There was a discussion on this on another group I belong too. Some of the moms where having there milk tested at Doctors Data Lab <a href="http://www.doctorsdata.com/" target="_blank">http://www.doctorsdata.com/</a> however, there is no reference rage and someone was saying they had there doctor calculate how much mercury her baby was getting based on how many ounces of breast milk he drank a day and comparing the amounts with the EPa's daily<br>
recommended amounts.

·
Registered
24,480 Posts
How frequently does autism occur in a population without vaccines or other pollutants?<br><br>
As I have stated before, I had never heard of autism until I was in an upper division psychology class and we were studying rare psychological brain disorders in 1973.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>applejuice</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">How frequently does autism occur in a population without vaccines or other pollutants?<br><br>
As I have stated before, I had never heard of autism until I was in an upper division psychology class and we were studying rare psychological brain disorders in 1973.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
<br>
That is such a hard question to answer. In many such societies (or in "the olden days") children who are diagnosed with Autsim today might never have gotten that diagnosis because<br><br>
1. They were high functioning and thought to be quirky<br><br>
2. They were very low functioning and thought to be "Just" mentally retarded<br><br>
3. In pre-vax times, many "disabled" children were sent to instutituions (or in some times/societies even abandoned) and never properly accounted for.<br><br>
This is an almost impossible question to answer.<br><br>
I however know that of the 10 autistic three year olds in my neigbors special "play group" 5 were not vax'd (three had siblings with autisim who were vaxed).

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>applejuice</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">How frequently does autism occur in a population without vaccines or other pollutants?</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
I can't think of many populations that wouldn't be exposed to pollutants--if not in medical ways (vaxes, fillings, etc.) than through environmental contamination.<br><br>
That said, I would be very interested in seeing a comparison of vax rates and of reported autism rates in a wide variety of countries.

·
Registered
505 Posts
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>maya43</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">That is such a hard question to answer. In many such societies (or in "the olden days") children who are diagnosed with Autsim today might never have gotten that diagnosis because<br><br>
1. They were high functioning and thought to be quirky<br><br>
2. They were very low functioning and thought to be "Just" mentally retarded<br><br>
3. In pre-vax times, many "disabled" children were sent to instutituions (or in some times/societies even abandoned) and never properly accounted for.<br><br>
This is an almost impossible question to answer.<br></div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
We are pretty sure my uncle (in his 50s) is autistic but never diagnosed. He was probably fully vaccinated for whatever they were doing back then, but also my grandma was induced one month early for the doctor's convenience!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts