Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I was talking w/ a (not very close) friend who is also pregnant and we were discussing the documentary, The Business of Being Born. She had mentioned a few others movies of a similar nature that she had watched, and I while I hadn't heard of them at the time, I figured I'd be able to find them. Their titles have slipped my mind, and I can't find anything remotley similar using Netflix and IMDB searches.

Can anyone offer any suggestion of movies that are about midwives/ natural birth/ the birthing industry/ etc?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Pregnant in America is one. I quite enjoyed it myself, I found it online.

·
Registered
242 Posts
"Pregnant In America" is another good one. And you might also want to check out "What Babies Want" and "It's My Body, My Baby, My Birth."

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just saw "Orgasmic Birth". Unfortunately, last time I checked, it was not available through Netflix. I was a little suspicious about the the name of the film, but I ended up liking it better then "Business of Being Born". Mostly it's a range of birth stories with commentary by MDs, midwifes, & other professionals inbetween.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Orgasmic Birth was one of the movies she talked about! AND, I just checked Netflix, and it's available now.

I also put Pregnant in America in my queue, but the other 2 weren't available.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by azohri View Post
Orgasmic birth doesn't currently have a wait? I've been wanting to do a free netflix trial to watch it but had heard there was a long wait to get it!
Netflix movies ship from within your area, so wait times can differ...it's available for my area right now as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.