Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if these are ok to take when nursing? My sister in law had an acute apendicitis attack last Monday, but managed to avoid surgery by insisting that the hospital wait and observe to see if it subsided and her blood work went back to normal. Thankfully!!!, it did, after many hours of excrutiating pain and no pain meds. (Sidebar....the story of how they treated her in the hospital as a nursing mother who had never been away from her baby is horrible! Another post though.....) The hospital let her go home after 48 hours of observation, but wanted her to take some drug that listed problems with bone growth as a side effect. She's not taking it due to DD who is nursing (and for her own sake!), so she's doing some web research and came up with these things that she wasn't sure were ok w/ nursing her 15 mo. Anyone know?

Herba Taraxaci
Gypsum Fibrosum
Fructus Forsythiae
Horseradish Distillate
Borage

They also listed things like fenugreek, buttermilk, wheat germ, veggie juices, but those she knew were all ok.

She lives in WI, so I guess there aren't any licensed NDs there, so any input is appreciated! I also have a call in to my ND in WA, but haven't heard back yet.

Thank you!
Karen

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of course there are NDs in Madison! (grinning, because I love it there so much!) It's the only place in WI that I'd live if we didn't live in WA. My SIL is in the West Allis area, so much less progressive.....are there any state ND lists / web sites / directories that you might know about? She's not very techno-savvy, and anytime I try to find things online for SIL or my mother (in Waukesha), I'm always surprised at how that area is still not as web overdosed (so to speak) as we are here. Any help would be great! And you know, I wouldn't mind a recommendation for a Madison ND that you like, as maybe she'd drive there since it's only an hour or so. Thanks for any info you have, and enjoy the Madison Farmer's Market this summer! We're visiting family there in October......I wonder if it will still be going?? (How off topic is that?!?)

Thanks!
Karen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts