Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS and I have been having Candida issues (thrush for him) off and on for a couple of months now.
So I went to the HFS in search of some non-dairy probiotics (he's sensitive to dairy)...all I found was Multidophilus by Solaray. It has L.Bulgaricus, L. Acidophilus, and B. Bifidum.

Is that going to be ok to give to him? I'm going to assume that it'll be ok for me, but I thought that babies just needed the Bifidus? And is that the same as B. Bifidum or is it different?

And why can't there just be a magic pill to make it all better??

Thank you!

(cross posted this in H&H, but I know a lot of Mamas have dealt with thrush here
)

·
Registered
56 Posts
...called Diflican. You might not want to go that route, but after 3 rounds of thrush in my TWINS, I did. I limited sugars in my diet and took probiotics and gave the babies Babydophilus and I boiled everything in sight for weeks, months actually. But it kept coming back.

Eventually I asked my OB for a 2 week course of Diflucan for me and asked the babies pedi for 2 weeks of Diflucan liquid for them (they were 14 weeks at the time).

And that killed it for good.

Nandre

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.