Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
I didn't read the entire article but I think I'm understanding that this particular chemical is found in the material used as sealants on children's teeth to prevent cavities. I'm not seeing where it is used in filling material. Sealants are coated on the teeth are only used to help prevent cavities. Should I have read the entire article ? lol

we only do composite (white) fillings here. More than likely I'll find out down the road that they are possibly leaking out some cancerous material as well. I'm making the best choice I can with the few options I can. I don't even buy it anymore when a doctor/dentist says... "It's perfectly safe." Yeah as far as they know RIGHT NOW it's safe. But, more than likely, a few years down the road it will be proven to cause cancer or at least be linked to numerous long term, chronic, health issues.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by janellesmommy
Bisphenol-A, according to my dentist, and the book, "Hormone Deception" by D. Lindsey Berkson, is in ALL composite fillings. The book said to ask your dentist if the particular type of sealant he uses contains it.
Is your dentist holistic? What does he/she recommend you choose as filling material? I have composite, as does my oldest Dd, we skipped the sealants due to the bpa - I did know it was in the composite fillings when I had them done, but my only other choice is amalgam, right?

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
One of the hygeinists told me about the porcelain alternative, but I don't know if I can find a dentist that will do them & I know my insurance won't cover that. If it was for one or two cavities I would do it but my Dd had six at the time. If she gets any decay in her adult teeth, I might try to get the porcelain fillings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.