Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uhg!I need to be working on some Christmas presents right now but I feel too frustrated about something else.I really don't have time to let the other situation get in the way of making gifts but I also know it will feel crappy to try to make a gift right now.And I really don't want to give something to someone that I felt crappy making.UHG!

So,are you able to put other stuff aside and make gifts?

·
Registered
766 Posts
...Well my hubby has been working alot of evenings ( my down time) so I havent been able to get to my crafting. There is no way I can do it with the kids around, they are too inquisitive! So I am a little frustrated.

To answer your question...NO, I can NOT work on something if I am upset. I would most likely ruin it.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
I spin through the sad times. It's very calming, because whilst I can be intending to spin xyz kind of yarn, sometimes the fibre actually wants to be spun thicker, or thinner. You can't go back and take a do-over, you just have to let it be and live in the moment.

Oh, and when I'm angry, I make felt. That helps, too.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much for your responses!They made me feel good and reminded me that I used to draw when I felt bad.I need to get back to that.I would also love to find something more tactile to do.The spinning that Flapjack does sounds fabulous.

I really wanted(needed)to work on a present for my husband yesterday but I didn't want my upset to come through.It's nice to hear I'm not the only who sees their work affected by their feelings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.