Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok TMI, but here goes. i've noticed that ever since i was having uterine cramping/cervical stretching on tuesday that i now look for mucus or bloody show every time i pee. never did this with my first born b/c i don't think i knew to look for it, started with my second born the minute i lost my mucus plug (over two weeks before delivering). this time it seems early to obsess doesn't it? but was curious who else was standing by looking for every twinge or sign possible! cheers!!!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I have been checking my toilet paper since I knew I was pregnant! First trimester I was looking for blood, now I am checking for my mucus plug! I am wanting it to come out soon, so that I know my body is working. Patience has never been my strong point

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Yep, don't want to see anything yet though, I'll be 34 weeks tomorrow. With dd my water broke the day after I lost my mucus plug. I didn't realize that's what it was at the time though...I thought it was an unusually cohesive glob of semen

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I check every time. Of course, with past births, I would get really discouraged because even right in early labor I never had any spotting or any red tinged mucus. My water also never breaks until I'm in transition. It'd be nice for such a huge signal beforehand this time around.

·
Registered
8,238 Posts
I check too. I doubt I'll ever see anything. LOL With Jevin I lost a bit of mucous but nothing really noticeable until I was already in full blown labor. My water didnt break until the very end of labor either. LOL

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
taedareth,
my midwife's experience has been mucous plug = baby within 2 weeks, bloody show = labor within 48 hours. i MORE than maxxed those out, but still, it was nice to know something was definitely going on with my body!

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Yup. I've been checking every time I go here. (which has been often since baby moved to head down position!)

Last pregnancies I did see my mucous plug, but not bloody show. Not even with the one when my water broke at home. After I got to the hospital and the OB SHOVED her hand inside me up to her freakin elbow.. well, then I saw bloody show. (and I was pissed too)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Quote:
I have been checking my toilet paper since I knew I was pregnant!
Me too! After 3 previous M/Cs I got in the habit of checking... No bloody show yet here, thankfully (I'm only 34.5 weeks).

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
All I ever saw was a blob, maybe a tablespoon's worth, on the sheet after dp and I had been, ah, having some fun. It was mostly clear and looked like thick snot; it's possible it was pinkish, but we had black sheets on the bed at the time, so I'm really not sure.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I had spotting with my very first at about 7 weeks, so with all my pregnancies I obsessively check, everytime, even in the middle of the night; it's kind of an obsession I can't get away from, but once you bleed, you have a hard time letting that go!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.