Mothering Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
I’m determined to stay more fit this time around. I gained 60lbs with my first baby, 50 with my second, and 70 with my third. I worked hard to lose it, well, to lose most of it, between each baby. I’m starting at about 8 lbs above the weight I was before I started having babies. I think gaining so much really made my third trimesters difficult. My goal this time is to actually only gain the recommended amount. I’m only 5 weeks along right now, but I’m trying for no weight gain in the 1st trimester, limiting it to 10 lbs in the 2nd trimester, and 15 lbs in the 3rd trimester. I already exercised daily before I got pregnant, and actually lost about 15 lbs in the last 2 months, just before getting pregnant. I’m definitely going to keep up with the dailyexercise. I was most physically active with my second pregnancy and that was my easiest pregnancy and childbirth.

Reactions: Nazsmum

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I think fitness also matters during pregnancy. Now I am planning for a baby and I am doing exercises to preparing my body for pregnancy. I am planning to continue small exercises during pregnancy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Regular excercise is good for you, however I just listen to my body. If I feel too tired, I skip my walk or yoga and take a nap instead. 🙂
Sometimes I know I'm just being lazy and there is no excuse to stay in, so then I just try to motivate myself.
The most important thing is to not feel too guilty if you skip exercise sometimes. Just do what feels right. And that's different for everyone 😉

·
Registered
13 Posts
I completely lost interest in going to the gym when I found out I was pregnant, because the fatigue and morning sickness then cold/flu illness that followed was just so overwhelming. I barely got off the couch for 6 weeks. But after that I've made an effort to do some walking on most days, because I've heard that being fit and healthy can make for an easier labour (not sure if that's true, this is my first). I would just take it easy, and try not to overheat. Walking and swimming are recommended as good exercises during pregnancy.
Hey, it is true exercise and daily routine makes your pain easier, if you don't believe then you can make it sure using these two techniques:

1) First, you must ask your doctor and he/she will definitely give you approval on this.

2) If you want to feel in reality then you must visit to small villages where pregnant women also work during their pregnancy and after delivering a baby they will get up from bed in just a few hours, it will like nothing will happen.

I'm not saying that you must do like that but as you work your baby also move in your womb and it has also two benefits:

a) First is as your body moves your child also moves in your womb.

b) Second is due to work your mind will be active and your mind will forget the pain and continue with the work and your knowledge reaches to your son.

As you said you just wake up from illness then you must try Prenatal Yoga that not only gives you fitness but also helps you to get peace and relaxation. I hope it will be helpful to you.
:smile::smile:

·
Registered
10 Posts
It has been many years since I have been pregnant, but even back then doctors told us that if we did it before pregnancy (exercise) we can do it during pregnancy. Our bodies seem to have a magical way of telling us what is right for our own bodies. I walked daily back then and still do today. It's my escape...
Thank you so much sharing this. I was very nervous about whether or not exercising will affect my child, being a newly pregnant woman. Now I think I continue with yoga.:grin:

·
Registered
22 Posts
You are right!!Walking is one of the best cardiovascular exercises during pregnancy. It is a safe exercise to be done throughout nine months of pregnancy after the consultation with the doctor but don’t let morning sickness prevent you from walking.
Almost about 80% of pregnant women suffer from morning sickness and avoid treatment for morning sickness as it may harm the unborn child. Fortunately, PSI wrist bands provide a natural way to relieve morning sickness without taking drugs. It works on the principle of acupressure and applies continuous pressure on the P6 (or Nei-Kuan) point on each wrist.A recent study in America found that 70% of women who wore PSI wrist bands got relief from morning sickness. Try using PSI wrist bands for getting relief from morning sickness.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes! I have a positive attitude to fitness and yoga during pregnancy! I also wanted to ask about leaving the skin of the body during pregnancy. What do you use for stretch marks? I buy oils To moisturize the skin of any type is an excellent tool! It can be coconut, kako, mango or chocolate for anti-cellulite wrapping

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm just 8 weeks into my 3rd pregnancy, but with my first I had just started CrossFit about 6 months prior so I was able to continue with my workouts and just scaled back significantly. This time around I'm 9 years into CF, so I doubt I will have to scale back quite as much. So far not a whole lot has changed, as it's still really early in the Pg, but my midwife said as long as I go more with a "maintenance" than aiming to set personal records for myself, I should be fine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I remember the period when I was pregnant and it was very terrible because I could not even play sports. I had a wide variety of exercise machines at home, but I could not use them due to the fact that I was not allowed to exercise. So I wanted to keep in shape. and I was advised to use a stepper trainer. I found a huge number of reviews at https://www.workoutmachines.co.uk/steppers/best-stepper-machine/ and in the end I bought one of the models and I realized that it was super effective and maximum energy-consuming trainer. So I really recommend it.

·
Registered
24,476 Posts
Exercise during pregnancy? Why not? I was told to do what I did before I was pregnant. I did weights, jogging, isometric, bicycling, swimming, yoga, aerobic, calisthenics, everything!

Yes, everything except sky diving and skiing.

Reactions: Deborah
21 - 36 of 36 Posts