Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find that actually handling ds's soiled diapers instead of just bundling up this mass of gel stuff and tossing it has made me more aware of his body's natural rhythms. I know when he's dehydrated, starting to get sick, about to cut teeth, what foods/fabrics he reacts to etc. Some of these things I'm sure I would notice if I were using disposables, but I think it would take longer because they just got quickly changed and tossed. I know that some stock used to be put in examining the chamberpot "leavings" of English royalty. I think I kind of understand that line of thought, now. I'm not saying I'm checking out his "presents" with a magnifying glass, but the old dunk and swish causes me to get pretty up close and personal :LOL. I'm having a difficult time verbalizing exactly what I'm talking about....I just feel more in sync w/ my ds than I remember feeling w/ my dd when she was this age. I don't know if it's cloth or just that this is my second child so I am curious to find out what your experiences have been.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts