Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm estimating my due date at August 30th and am already very nauseated.

I looked in my journal and didn't get nauseous with dd until week 8, I'm just on 5 now and have been ill since two days before the positive test.

I'm also a lot more tired and my breasts are more tender than they were last time.

I've read that early and augmented pregnancy signs are indicators of twins! eek!

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Hey....I've got two and I've been sick since 5w4d. At first....I hoped it was just the flu. My kids did get sorta sick. But, no...it's still hanging around. Some of mine is probably because of the extra hormones I'm on also, but I agree being sick this early SUCKS!

I have nausea, headache, and indigestion. I need to eat a little something every hour even during the night if I can. That is about the only thing helping right now. I'm waiting for my accupuncturist to call me back. Hoping that will help!!!!

Oh! I've also heard that the older you get....the less tolerance you have....so that a pregnancy at 30 will feel worse than a pregnancy at 25. No idea....my mother who's a nurse was telling me this.

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I'll be 24 in a month so I don't think its age

I do have a maternal history of fraternal twins too!
I was thinking and reading so much last night I had a dream I was very pregnant with twins.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
That would be fun

I had a twin dream last night too...but it was just about our upcoming second ultrasound LOL

What I was meaning with age is that.....every pregnancy you are 'older' than your last....and have less tolerance to the hormones...whether it be you were 20 the first time and 22 the second....you are getting older. I dunno if there is truth to it or not!

·
Registered
10,795 Posts
I am secretly hoping for twins
: I think it would be great!

btw I think the nausea just varies from pg to pg. I am 30 btw and deifinitly less nauseated than my last pg when I had hyperemesis (thus far anyway). DS was born in March though (04) so I also feel maybe my body is just *remembering* again if that makes sense? :LOL

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Yahooo I have an accupuncture appointment on Weds...I HOPE HOPE HOPE it helps!!!!

I did get some Yogi Ginger Tea that seems to be helping out for the time being. Good luck!

·
Registered
477 Posts
I am sooooo tired of being nauseated and dry heaving. I've been feeling gross since about 6 weeks, but the last two it has kicked up a notch. I haven't actually thrown up yet, but I think it's because I'm good at focusing inward and telling myself to keep it down!! If it doesn't go away I will be so so sad. This is my first PG and I can't imagine feeling this way the whole time. I had so many idyllic images of PG and right now I just sit on the couch trying not to puke!!
:

I don't want to complain so much, I guess I'm just surprised about how crappy I feel!

P.S. I'd love to hear if Accupuncture works for anyone!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
yes,ugh.... light snacking and ginger tea is helping a lot, though! As an acupuncturist myself, I can attest to helping lots of pg women with nausea, i often recommend seabands as well, which put pressure on acupoints in the wrist which aid nausea- available at most drugstores!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Tracy-- I really want to try accupuntcure (I've never had it before). Can I just call one and tell them I'm having morning sickness? Will they know what to do? I'm a total newbie when it come to accupuncture. Also there's a school here in town. Do you reccommend going to a student at all?
TIA!

Sandra

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I go for my first appointment tomorrow. Tracy...seabands do NOTHING for me....do you think accupuncture won't help then!?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.