Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another mom and I are both setting up our own small businesses (not together) and I was wondering what words of wisdom you have.<br><br>
I am a craft-producer looking at selling my home made items and she is considering a service-oriented business such as dog sitting.<br><br>
How did you get started in your business?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hello my name is Michelle, I am a direct sales consultant... I started for free with a party... I know not a big help but would love to hear how others did it...

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
I own my own business. I was really worried about all the "business" end of it, but it ended up being easier than I thought. Make sure to check out all the local/state laws pertaining to your line of work including tax stuff. I also carry insurance. I just keep really good records of my income, expenses, mileage, etc. and come tax time Dh just handles it along with his own taxes. Good luck with your new opportunity!<br><br>
Amy<br><br>
Amy

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I'm getting started. So far I am really pleased that I've had some interest from buyers.<br><br>
Amydoula, you are right, the "business" end of it is nerve racking for me. I'm currently trying to figure out how I register for tax id numbers and such. If I can get through that part, I'm hoping I can keep up my courage and confidence to make a success of this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts