Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I guess I'm oblivious, but I never noticed that ABC and Twinkle,Twinkle Little Star are basically the same melody.  DS pointed that out to me by singing the opposite song everytime I start one of them.  At first I thought, "Why don't you ever want to sing the one I start?"  but then I realized what he was doing!  So funny!  and I feel like my toddler is so much quicker to catch on than I am! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyone else have a toddler that picks up on things you miss?</p>

·
Registered
4 Posts
<p>Baa Baa Black Sheep, have you any wool?</p>
<p>How I wonder what you are.</p>
<p>Q R S T U V</p>
<p>And one for the little boy who lives down the lane.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>BabySquirrel has realized that his 'diaper change' song I sing is the melody on one of his push button books. Today he brought me the book and pushed the correct song to let me know what he needed. I didn't figure it out until he started 'singing' along after staring at me and repeatedly pushing the button until I started singing with him...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And then the lightbulb when on!! I hadn't ever really considered the tune I was using.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It was one of the first times he was excited - played the song over and over (while I sang) - and was perfectly still while I changed him!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Babies are SOOooo cool!</p>

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
<p>LOL!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>DS has been calling one side "hot" and the other "cold" when nursing... for several months now. I had been wracking my brain (and google) trying to figure out what would make one breast hotter than the other, thinking maybe there was some kind of infection or maybe related to my oversupply issues... Nothing made sense... Until yesterday when I finally realized he says that because that's how it is at the sink, the left water faucet is hot & the right one is cold!</p>

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
<p>My 13 month old is smarter than I am.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For the past year I had thought that button on my keychain was an alarm. One day I was nursing him in the backseat of the car as he held my keychain. I saw him looking around the car as he pressed the button and smiling as he nursed. Each set of interior lights would light, then dim.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Oh, that's what that button is for, boy did I feel dumb.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also the ABC and Twinkle tune never even occurred to me!</p>

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
<p>How funny! hahaha</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for sharing!</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts