Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or is it just mine?
:

Seriously, my children are acting HORRIBLY right now. Especially my twin boys, they've both been very agressive and whiny and right now one is throwing a fairly incredible fit that's lasted a good 45 minutes.

My midwife said they sense something is changing -- and yes they're totally old enough to "get" that mommy is pregnant and having a baby, but of course they don't quite know what that entails.

Thank goodness for my dh: he stayed home from work today because of my cold, and he's dealt with the kids all day.

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Holy cow! How right is that!!! It doesn't matter what we do he is mr. fussy! I think your midwife is right though. Even pets can sense something is happenning. Our dog was a mess when ds#1 was born. Now, ds knows what's happenning and it's just a great big tantrum. Just trying to get him to take his own clothes off to go potty is a chore. I'm just trying to prepare him for mommy being busy and letting him know he can do things on his own.

It's a challenge trying to maintain discipline and be sensitive to him and the changes.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
DD is - she's going through this phase where she doesn't know if she wants to be a baby or a big girl - one minute she's announcing that she is a big girl, the next she's a baby and telling me that there are going to be 3 babies. We went swimming this afternoon and I didn't have a cloth diaper for ds, so I put a pair of her training pants on him. She totally started flipping out - he's a baby, he has to wear diapers. It's totally cool with her when she has to wear baby diapers cause she's having too many potty accidents, but turn it about and let ds wear underwear and the earth is falling apart. Probably doesn't help that we've moved either. I was being really lax with the discipline - doing alot of bargaining and pleading since I'm tired, but we've had to toughen up and get more consistant to restore order. And ds is starting to do little things to test me now - nothing to cause a real problem - but just a preview of what's to come. This is going to be one fun year!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
OMG, mine too! My 3 year old reacts to every tiny thing now like it is a crisis, with screaching and whining. And the 2 year old is back to getting up all night, and smacking the crud out of his brothers (oh, and throwing whatever he has in hand at the time)
: We're looking forward to birth even more so they can just get on with the adjustment lol

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Yes!! My almost three-year-old DS is being a monster. He's either a BIG BOY who thinks he can do whatever he wants, or he's "still a baby" and needs to sleep with me and sit on my non-existant lap all day. Ug. The screaming, throwing, hitting tantrums are the worst! Where did my little sweetie go??

·
Registered
746 Posts
Oh, my two year old and I have a tussle everyday. Today I had to lock myself in the bathroom for a minute just to keep from laying hands on her
She is so difficult and tantrumy and then wants to nurse! The way I feel right now, the last thing I want is a tantruming toddler on my boob. And the whole wanting to sleep with mama thing is happening here too. I'm trying to be patient and remind myself that these are her last *moments* as my only baby!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes! My dd, 34 months is having more potty accidents and the worst thing she is doing is not taking her naps. She has refused naps for me, dh, and the daycare provider (whom she sees 2 days/week). When she doesn't nap she will be impossibly whiny and has no tolerance at all for frustration. Napping with her (and nursing her down) does not always help her to sleep like it once did and I have tried to make her bedtime earlier, but it is impossible most days with our schedule.

On the other hand we have done lots of homebirth prep with her and she now acts out giving birth to her dolls, nursing them, changing their diapers and wearing them in a sling. It's all very wonderful when she is not in tantrum mode!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I can't tell you how relieved I am to see this thread! DS is 2 3/4 and he has been INSANE. I understand he is sensing the change and I am really trying to respect him. It is HARD though! I am tired to the point where I can sleep on my birthing ball sitting up, contracting, have no patience, and just plain cranky! I feel so bad for him right now.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
YES!!! Holy cow, I am so tired of the fighting and whining. My 3.5 yr old refuses to do anything by himself. We signed him up for soccer and he just pouts out on the field. Dh is the coach and ds just wants to hold his hand the entire time. It's getting really hard for me to be patient with all this fighting and whining. I want to whine and have dh take care of me!

·
Registered
886 Posts
here too... apparently my 3 year old has been adjusting to the idea of new baby this entire pg. She was completely pl'd this summer with no accidents day or night and wearing panties full time. Then she decided that she wanted none of that and reverted completely back. I have given up and decided to let her decide when she is ready. She will let NO ONE help her with anything but Mommy. She is waking again almost every night to tell me some earth shattering news and cuddle in my bed. She will not let me sit without attacking me to nurse. One day I visibly did not want to nurse her again and rolled my eyes or some such expression. She said, "Mommy, that was rude, not polite!" Her favorite thing to play is cars which she pushes around the house on her hands and knees and wants, guess who?... MOMMY to do the same ALL DAY!!! If any of the above does not go according to her plan, look out tantrum-city!! She is SOOOOO sweet and cute though, I can't resist her!! I am praying for help to get through the next few weeks...

peace

jen

·
Registered
311 Posts
YES!!! Mine are not only acting out but, trying to kill each other. Then in the next breath are so incredibly needy! DD#2 wants to be picked up ALL the time.

Please someone tell me the magic cure for whining! I can't stand it. I go from calm and peaceful, to over the top in a millisecond!
:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.