Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm so mad, I hate to seeing how bad it really is. The person who said they was tired of seeing babies at the breast, WTF? I think I need more coffee...

·
Registered
96 Posts

i cannot believe that!!!!! OMG!!!! how can these women say that? that first woman who said she was worried about her 13 yo son seeing it?? WTH? i bet he's come across a few issues of maxim or FHM that are WAY more sexual than that cover. i'm apalled and almost speachless. this sucks. it really is this bad, isn't it. this article makes me want to run out with my baby and BF.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Quote:
I'm so mad, I hate to seeing how bad it really is. The person who said they was tired of seeing babies at the breast, WTF? I think I need more coffee
I know, and it said she was the mom of a 4month old. Guess it's a safe bet that poor little babe isn't breastfed. There is nothing so beautiful as a mother nursing her baby. Too bad so many americans can't see that.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by E&Gmommy
The person who said they was tired of seeing babies at the breast, WTF?
Heck yeah, maybe I'm sick of seeing babies with bottles in their mouths! Next time I see a magazine cover of a baby with a bottle, I will write the magazine about the inappropriate and disgusting display of an artificial human breast!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by frontierpsych
Heck yeah, maybe I'm sick of seeing babies with bottles in their mouths! Next time I see a magazine cover of a baby with a bottle, I will write the magazine about the inappropriate and disgusting display of an artificial human breast!
:

well said. i coudn't agree more!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Well why don't the ff mothers just go into hiding as well and we'll be square? You know? Anyways, let's serve some of those comments with a big heaping side of GUILT please.
: WTF are these women saying that they find it disturbing to see a baby nursing at the breast. I mean they see magazines where the woman is just covering her nipples with her tatties hanging all out and no one bats an eye. For shame!!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
I never post here, but I couldn't read that and not vent a little. What the [email protected]#$ is wrong with people. Didn't they see the way the baby was looking up at the mommy. It was the most beautiful picture. They captured the moment so well. How can they only see breast. I only saw that beautiful little face.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Why doesn't the mother of the 13 year old boy use that as a learning opportunity! Or is she planning on raising a frothing at the mouth, can't keep it in his pants, man? Why not say, "Son, women's breasts are used for nourshing babies. It's wonderful thing and very healthy for both mother and child." She herself is contributing the sexualization of breasts by her example.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
:puke What is wrong with his country???

I'm looking for contact info to write applauding them for their latest cover. They seem to be a subset of Parenting magazine.

Here is the link if anyone wants to do the same!

·
Registered
9,587 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by damyen's mommy
I never post here, but I couldn't read that and not vent a little. What the [email protected]#$ is wrong with people. Didn't they see the way the baby was looking up at the mommy. It was the most beautiful picture. They captured the moment so well. How can they only see breast. I only saw that beautiful little face.
That is exactly what I though - the look on that little baby's face is absolutely priceless! I remember looking into my oldest daughter's eyes when she was nursing and thinking it was the most beautiful picture ever - I remember thinking that there should be a book of nursing baby photographs because it was just too precious. People really have their heads on lopsided.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Quote:
"I don't want my son or husband to accidentally see a breast they didn't want to see."
I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

That quote was funny to me, the rest were just :puke

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I had never heard of this magazine before as far as I can recall. I just went to their site to drop them an email thanking them for the beautiful cover photo. Not only do they not appear to be caving under the pressure (photo featured prominently on their home page) but they are also soliciting photos of nursing mamas for a future article. Good for them!

http://www.parenting.com/parenting/babytalk/channel

·
Registered
450 Posts
Did anybody notice that they quoted women on what men will think? 'Men are very visual.'

Look, we all know the breast is not a sex organ. So let's make it simple. The woman who used a shredder must be angry that the breast wasn't portrayed sexually. She wants every picture to be sexual and is disgusted because it is not.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by elelvee
Did anybody notice that they quoted women on what men will think? 'Men are very visual.'
I noticed the women seemed....a bit insecure...

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I showed the cover photo to dh, asking him what he thought. His response was "oh, what a cute baby! ds2 looks at you like that, you know, when you nurse him. and ds1 did at the same age."

Men are visual. Pthltptttpt!!!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.