Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is now 6 am. DD is in the bedroom screaming because I unlatched her a few minutes ago. She has been latched on since I went to bed at 2. Guess why I didn't go to bed until 2? Yep, was not looking forward to nursing. Nine weeks pregnant, night-nursing is beginning to really hurt. Don't know why night-nursing hurts more than day, but oh yeah, maybe because I do in eight or nine hour blocks.

The past three mornings I haven't gotten up to get breakfast or use the bathroom until ten or so--and when I do, she still screams. I can't handle this tyranny of dealing with the tantruming EVERY time I get up. All day, all night, she wants to be nursing. Anytime I get up, whether to eat something or to pee, she screams. Try to actually sleep without her latched on? Please. Soooo not allowed.

And my DH thinks I'm being unreasonable, that I keep making her cry and I should just nurse her. Literally 20 hours a day.

I cannot handle this. For four weeks I've been trying to set limits. The screaming has not decreased one iota. It has increased, to the point where I am avoiding doing anything to mess with her plans to nurse becaus I dread the screaming so much.

I still enjoy nursing with her--sometimes. Most of the time I just hate the way she completely tyrranizes me. I am so angry at her so much of the time. I've been struggling with depression and that has made the level of anger I am dealing with so ridicuously high it is practically unmanageable. I really cannot handle this much longer. I just want her to get OFF me! I want to be able to eat in the morning, and to use the bathroom. I want to be able to do SOME schoolwork and do SOMETHING other than nurse all day and all night. I am just done.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I remember how strong that anger is and how terrible it is to feel that way. Why can't they be happy for a few minutes after hours of nursing? It it really hard. How old is you dc? I had enough of nursing at that point to and weaned both dd's when I was 10 weeks preg with the next babe. I'm still nursing ds, so it had a lot to do with pregnancy and how nursing made me feel. It is challanging when you just want to rest or even sit down and boom, dc wants to nurse. It can feel like it is too much. I hope you find a way to balance it for you and dc. Good Luck.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I'm sorry that I don't have any advice but lots of hugs! I nursed through my pregnancy and everything you said could have been me at that point! I had some of the worst times with E while I was pregnant and nursing her. I hope things get better for you! LOTS OF HUGS!
Sorry I couldn't be more upbeat about it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.