Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Did any of your doctors ever express a concern about remaining on Armour while pregnant as opposed to other thyroid meds? I've been on armour for about 7 months now and have never felt better. I've tried synthroid and levoxyl and I was always tired and felt like a shadow of myself. Sadly, the doctor I have come to know and love left and they gave me someone new. She STRONGLY recommended that I move to synthroid or levoxyl since they are T4 meds and almost made me feel like I was endangering my baby for refusing to come off armour. Since I don't know or trust her, I don't know what to make of this. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

· Registered
4 Posts
thanks for the words of encouragement. I really do love it and don't want to give it up, but now this doctor has me feeling that it's almost selfish of me. I know it's safe to take....really it would be UNSAFE of me NOT to take it, but I'm questioning whether the other T4 drugs are better suited for pregnancy. My old doctor left so I can't stay with her. Sadly at a time when I feel like I need her the most! I'm not really sure how to resolve this now since it's a difficult time to start shopping around for new doctors.

· Registered
4 Posts
Oh you have no idea how reassuring your words are!!!
joy.gif
It was so difficult for me to find a doctor that would even prescribe armour and now I can't imagine functioning without it. My quality of live has improved tremendously. I'm going to try another doctor and I'll keep an eye on my FT4 levels as well. I'm going to have blood work done every month. You said you did a lot of research....did you encounter any resistance from your doctor about this? Thank you again!!

· Registered
4 Posts
I know it's been a while but sadly, I'm back in the same situation again! After my doctor left, I got lucky and found one in the same office who would keep me on armour during pregnancy. Now he's left too and I've recently became pregnant again. The new doctor they gave me wont work with me if I stay on armour. For those of you who have doctors with a more holistic approach that look at all the numbers, how did you find them? I'm having the most difficult time locating one and would appreciate any advice you could offer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.