Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been addressed, but couldn't find it in my search.<br><br>
3 days ago I got a wicked calf cramp in the middle of the night. I can usually stop them quickly with a counter stretch, but this one was intense- my whole lower leg was rock hard, and no amount of massage from dh helped. it lasted about 2 minutes, and I was yelling and almost crying (it was BAD) It's been so sore since that I still can't comfortable do stairs. walking is just a tad uncomfortable. I think I might have some microtears in the muscle, and Arnica seems to be the thing that's coming up for me to take. (I know it's usually better closer to the trauma, but I still think it would help.) Is oral arnica safe? I thought most homeopathy was, but I wanted to tap into the collective wisdom before I took it.

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
Yes, homeopathics are safe in every instance I've ever heard of (as directed - arnica is a no-no for open wounds, for instance). My mw has no problems with me taking any of them during pregnancy!

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Yes, arnica is completely safe for pregnancy and labor!! (although, in my opinion, not at all the correct remedy for the calf cramp)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts