Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so frustrated...
:

I was trying to build up my stash by selling my more pricey items and buying some used wonderoos off of the TP. It worked, and I had gotten to the point where I had plenty of wonderoos to be able to do cloth full time. (Long story short, we were using sposies some because DD had outgrown all her stuff and was looking like she would potty train soon, but she isn't the least bit interrested anymore, so we're back in dipes full time). I didn't want to be using sposies. Plus, I felt justified with the new baby coming in buying wonderoos because if she potty learned, we could use them on him. Well, she's broken out in a horrible pimply, blistered, bleeding, oozing, and painful heat rash.
It's awful, and the more she's in her wonderoos, the worse it gets. I have prefolds, but no covers that fit, since PUL is out. I'm hesitant to let her wear her two wool covers (one bjm soaker and one wool-on) because the child LIVES in the dirt outside, and I have to wash them every time she wears them. And lemme tell ya, toddler pee and texas dirt don't mix, so the coverless thing is getting a tad.......messy. I had given away our only fleece cover. I guess I'll have muddy prefolds this summer.

Sometimes, this cloth diaper thing gets a bit complicated, and I just have to rant about it.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
My BJM soakers/shorts/pants hold up pretty well in the dirt/sand/grass and I am dealing with GA clay. I can go about 4 to 5 wears taking a outside beating before i have to wash them. I just shake them off real well and let the air out on a line DH put up in the bathroom.
Or set aside a certain set of PF for her to wear outside.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kenzie&wyatt'smom
My BJM soakers/shorts/pants hold up pretty well in the dirt/sand/grass and I am dealing with GA clay. I can go about 4 to 5 wears taking a outside beating before i have to wash them. I just shake them off real well and let the air out on a line DH put up in the bathroom.
Or set aside a certain set of PF for her to wear outside.
Yeah, all my PFs are dyed, so the stains don't show too bad, and my BJM has held up really well. Especially for being so soft! It's just icky, kwim? It's really bad when the prefold is wet and poopy WITH mud caked on it. BLECH! :LOL Or when I catch the dog following her around licking around the edges of her prefold.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I was going to suggest fleece shorts too. Cutting off the legs of Old Navy winter fleece pants might work, but it might be cheaper to just buy a little fleece and make a few pairs. The nylon runner type shorts will work in a pinch...they are more slick and don't show wet as much as knits do. You might have to look in the boys section to find any though.

Another solution, if you like the knitted look, is to have some soakers knitted with acrylic. They don't have the same properties as the wool, but do work. They can't be reused a billion times like wool can, but you can throw them in the washer and dryer too, so it balances out.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fleece cutoffs is a great idea! Of course, I don't sew or have any fleece pants from this winter...we did wool...but it's a REALLY good idea. Maybe I can find some at a garage sale or something. I'll hafta think on that one. She's a 26lb 2yo.

·
Registered
422 Posts
My dd is allergic to suedecloth (especially colored suedecloth). When she wears a colored Wroo, she breaks out into an awful rash within about 30 min. When she wears white suedecloth, she breaks out into the awful rash within about 3 hours. And this rash becomes craters with white rings, and the only way to get rid of it is with an antibacterial ointment, and then there are scars that last for months.

So... unfortunately for my DD, Wroos are out the door. Fleece works much better for her. Good luck. Maybe you can sell your Wroos for something else?! Eek!

-Elizabeth

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ELTAZ
My dd is allergic to suedecloth (especially colored suedecloth). When she wears a colored Wroo, she breaks out into an awful rash within about 30 min. When she wears white suedecloth, she breaks out into the awful rash within about 3 hours. And this rash becomes craters with white rings, and the only way to get rid of it is with an antibacterial ointment, and then there are scars that last for months.

So... unfortunately for my DD, Wroos are out the door. Fleece works much better for her. Good luck. Maybe you can sell your Wroos for something else?! Eek!

-Elizabeth
These sores she is getting seem to last FOREVER. I've been alternating antibacterial ointment with nystatin (yeast killer), and it's not helping. They are small pitted bumps that ooze. She's clearing up some since I've stopped using the Wroos, but they really do seem to take a while to heal.
We never had a problem with fleece (I used HHs almost exclusively for a year), so I didn't think that suedecloth would be a problem. I think the combo of the SC with the PUL is just not working for her.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.