Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an article I received today from monthly journal Emerging Infectious Diseases put out by the CDC. It is on Invasive Enterobacter sakazakii infections in infants from powdered formula. At the end of the article it many other journal articles about infections from powdered formula. Thought you all might be interested. I know its dry reading.....but its a good journal.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/EID/vol12no08/05-1509.htm

·
Premium Member
22,696 Posts
Quote:
Twenty-four (92%) of 26 infants with feeding patterns specified were fed powdered formula. Formula samples associated with 15 (68%) of 22 cases yielded E. sakazakii; in 13 cases, clinical and formula strains were indistinguishable. Further clarification of clinical risk factors and improved powdered formula safety is needed.
That's an interesting article. I hadn't heard of this, but thanks for the link. I'm going to print it out.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had not heard of it either. But it was very interesting. I have not had a chance yet to go over the links proivided at the end of the article to read the other articles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.