Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is from a blog I read regularly, and I think it's really interesting. I gave up on brown rice a long time ago, as no one else in the family would eat it. But if you eat it, here's possibly a better way to soak.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Junegoddess View Post
This is from a blog I read regularly, and I think it's really interesting. I gave up on brown rice a long time ago, as no one else in the family would eat it. But if you eat it, here's possibly a better way to soak.
Have you tried this method yourself? Will your family eat it if it is done this way?

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shakti77 View Post
Thank you for giving a link to a great blog. I was reading there, all day!
: I am definitely adding it to my favourites.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
This looks like a great blog, and really a great alternative for those of us with dairy free people in our families. ACV and lemon juice leave that drastically noticeable sour taste. I bet this wouldn't. It could also cut costs on the lemons and ACV I have to buy. Thanks for posting this!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bright_eyes View Post
Have you tried this method yourself? Will your family eat it if it is done this way?
I haven't tried it myself yet. It's the stronger flavor of brown rice that my family dislikes. I at least always make my white rice with chicken broth for most of the liquid... so there are more nutrients than plain ol' white.

And, yes, I love that blog. I stumbled across it from another blog... I think it was this one.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Junegoddess, that last link you posted looks really interesting! I'm bookmarking and will read when I have time. I especially like what he has to say about his mom and diabetes.

About the original post, I will try this method of soaking my rice the next time I make it. We usually just eat white rice, soaked and rinsed, but I do like the flavor of brown rice, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.