Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070618/...cision_decline

There's so much missing out of this article. no rebuttal for the stupid "locker room" argument, no rebuttal for the "he came back sleeping" statement, the HIV thing, etc... bleh. But at LEAST they're saying the rates are falling. The rest drives me nuts. And isn't it only 15% of the world is circ'd? The article says 1 in 3 males worldwide is circ'd.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I do not really understand why they opted to begin it with a Jew either.

The normal reasoning of that group is not the reasoning that drives the average circumcision and she is not representative of the average person stopping either. Not that I mind and her reasoning ("It's not like you're just cutting a piece of paper off a pad - there's no `cut here' line. It's not made to be cut off, and I would never, ever do that to my baby.") was certainly sound but the vast majority of circumcisions in America are secular ones so the focus was strange.

Overall though it was excellent, the supposed benefits were name-checked but a lot of time was spent with examples of parents who opted against the cut and I wasn't actually aware that California had gotten as low as 21%, I was under the impression that it was still mid-high thirties, definetely good news.

But it says that some hospitals offer it for free, is that actually true?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.