Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to start doing some easy crafts with DS, so far we've been mainly doing painting, drawing, cutting paper and playdoh.
Do you know of any good websites with craft ideas?

·
Registered
531 Posts
I also love No Time for Flashcards. She has great and easy crafts, all organized by theme.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Also, I love Alex craft box kits (you can get them pretty cheap at amazon.com). They have several boxes with ready-to-make crafts and instructions with all the supplies you need. I have several of the kits on hand in case I am not feeling creative.

One of my son's (2 yr old) favorite craft activities is creating his own scene. I use construction paper in light blue for the background, then cut out green construction paper with grass-like top and let DS paste to the background, then I use stickers (you can get sticker books w/like 600 stickers for a buck at craft stores) and let DS put them on his scene and/or I'll cut out different things like house shapes (including window and door shapes), a sun, clouds, trees, flowers... and let DS glue them on the scene. We can do this with dark blue water (just cut the top of the construction paper wave-like), or we can add a street in the grass scene, etc. He is at the age where he loves the glue stick so this is a craft he adores and since we can change to scene and add new shapes or stickers it hasn't gotten old yet.

We also do homemade cards, like thank-you cards, valentines, Easter out of construction paper, stickers, and cardstock. It's fun for him to make, plus it allows me to teach him about the holiday/event and learn the importance of giving of himself to others.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.