Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 16 weeks pregnant, and over the past week or so I have experienced intense pain in the front of my pubic area when walking. A quick look online points to symphysis pubic disfunction, a condition that for most people this doesn't kick in until the 3rd trimester!
So far walking is the only time I feel the discomfort. I do not feel any pain during my yoga practice, but I can't help but wonder whether some of the ways I am stretching may be causing the issue.
I practice the Ashtanga primary series 4 to 5 times a week under an experienced teacher. His main advice to me is to continue doing anything if it still feels normal (except for a few postures he advised me to eliminate: parivrtta parsvakonasana, janushirsasana C, garbha pindasana, kukutasana). I am still practicing Marichiasana C and D but not twisting very far, and definitely not catching my hands. I should note that I had been practicing this series for a year before pregnancy (though only 4 months with an in-person teacher).

Anyone else practice an intense form of yoga such as Ashtanga during pregnancy? If so did you end up learning by trial and error which poses to back off from?

· Registered
1 Posts
Sounds really nice when women don't forget about their body while pregnancy. You know I appreciate a lot when I find such kind of fitness inspiration which motivates me a lot. I'm following a lot of bloggers and trainers, different gym sites in order to be "in fashion" and to know more about this domain. To be honest everything works really nice and I'm trying to change my way of living. I even ordered an under desk elliptical. I was inspired by reading all the reviews about it on this Cubii Jr. Under Desk Elliptical Review [2020 Update] - Calibrate Fitness site and wanted to try it too. It gives me the possibility to move and at the same time work in my office. Incredible!

· Registered
1 Posts
Being a traditional form of exercise, Yoga for pregnant women reduces childbirth-related mental stress and physical pain by helping the expecting mother to discover and build up her inherent strength and stamina gradually over a period of the entire pregnancy. Some of the yogic postures should be performed on a daily basis as a part of the program of yoga for pregnant women. So here I am discussing some yoga poses & benefits for pregnant women, which helps to increase body flexibility, Reduce mental complexities, and endurance and much more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.