Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else considered consulting with the stars before planning a pregnancy? Along with my obsession to pick a name for my planned child, I've become interested in astrology and compatibility of the signs for deciding when to "start trying". I'm sure many mothers plan their pregnancy around more bizarre things than this. Am I the only one?

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
Well, since I discovered that if I get pregnant the first cycle we try the baby'll be a Gemini and make us all air signs, I've been really wanting a Gemini baby.

I have a love of symmetry and number patterns.

to MDC, by the way!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Sapphire. It's good to be here!

My sister-in-law's DH and three children are all geminis! 2/3 children have the same birthday! Talk about patterns! Good luck with all your baby planning!

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
I do now but only cause I'm an Aries, DD is Taurus, and DH is Gemini....yeah the first three in one house. I love it.

·
Banned
11,594 Posts
my husband and i consider this relatively 'seriously.' i utilize the western and buddhist astrological processes/ideologies. i'm loose overall, but i do keep it in mind.

for personal, emotional reasons, we want to birth in october. but with a cancer (me) and gemini (him), we're wondering about scorpios. could be an interesitng mix, or might not be so great. LOL depends upon the when in october really.

·
Registered
403 Posts
oh my- I read your subject and thought you meant like charting except only having s*x if the stars are in the right alingment or something, to assure or prevent pregnancy. I thought- oh now THIS one I have to read.

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by celia
oh my- I read your subject and thought you meant like charting except only having s*x if the stars are in the right alingment or something, to assure or prevent pregnancy. I thought- oh now THIS one I have to read.

Well there is a website out there that explains that regardless of ovulation if you have sex on exactly the right day and time based on the precise moment of your birth you can conceive. I would dearly love to know if that's worked for anyone.

·
Registered
713 Posts
We're really into this. We really want to choose a sign we feel will be harmonious with our family. My husband was a fire sign raised by two waters and definitely feels frustration with this, lol. My husband and I are so compatible and work and decide so well together as a gemini and aries. Our first daughter was libra. We're trying to plan number two both around a sign that will work in our family and when we hope our daughter will be able to handle the addition of a sibling.

Our daughter was a couple of weeks early, and really tried her hardest to be a virgo (a sign dh and I both tend to clash with, and I'm sure they feel the same about us
), so I'm trying to take into account what sign comes before my due date, too, this time, lol.

It makes matters a little more complicated, that's for sure!

·
Registered
505 Posts
I consider this sometimes. I'm a pisces, Dp is a capricorn and dd is an aquarius and we're very harmonious. I'm not certain what would be the best match, though, or how to figure it out. And, as a PP noted, with there being more to it than a sun sign and my knowing so little... maybe I SHOULD just leave it up to other factors and see what chooses us? Still, I wonder...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have come up with a new site which consists the entire information leading to the astrology... I totally agree, astrology is nice to have to let off steam when things are crazy. Astrology is the ancient practice and study of the stars and planets. Its history goes back to Babylonian times. Astrology is not the same as astronomy. Astronomy studies only the science of the planets, stars and universe.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
We've thought about this too. I'm a Leo and Dh is an Aquarius - so we're not actually compatible (Ha!), but we are compatible with the exact same signs. So we were thinking it might be nice to try for one of them!

Then again, we can't take it all too seriously, b/c we are apparently doomed as a couple with our signs.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
this is really funny because my mate and i are trying to decide if next year will be a good time for us to make another one. i just saw a chinese astrology paper (i'm a dragon and mate and ds are monkeys) that indicate a rat will get along with all of us! i told my best friend and she said she wasn't sure if that was the *best* reason to have a baby.

fwiw, i'm aquarius and mate is sagitarius and i was very excited when we realized our ds was going to be a libra (due 10/10). except he needed to incubate a little longer (no way was i going to induce) and we have a scorpio(10/30)!

now, i'm hoping for a gemini but not counting on it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.